Sea Lion Shores Excuse me while I kiss the sky
14 Posts
Ooc — markab
maya was certain nothing could be that stupid looking unless it was hiding something dangerous.

she stared unblinkingly at the rocks, where there were several beasts that resembled -- well, she didn't know what. they had faces that resembled a weasel's, and big whiskers and flippers instead of legs, and they stared back at her with absolutely no fear whatsoever. and she thought. maybe...they had really sharp teeth. or maybe they were faster than they looked, somehow -- she couldn't quite fathom how, but pretending -- and when she got close it would grab her around the ankle and tackle her into the sea and she would die a horrible (and embarassing) watery death.

she still really wanted to eat one, but she wasn't sure if it was worth the effort. maybe she'd just be better off with crabs. or spending another eternity dunking her head into the sea and getting gross saltwater all up her nose and ears. she still felt distinctly...sharp, where the water had dried out of her pelt and left only salt behind. her fur cracked when she moved her shoulders, which was just unnecessary.

still...she glared for a few moments more, letting the weird sea weasels know just what she thought of them. they did not seem impressed. she puffed up indignantly, tucking her chin down as her legs tensed, preparing to go after them for the rudeness alone -- she was a wolf! even if she was smaller than most, and they had the nerve to ignore her like they weren't prey! ...she assumed. if they were like weasels they would probably taste okay. anyways! she took her first step forwards, about to break into a sprint, and behind her something...squeaked?

maya stopped, huffing, and whirled around, sending up a spray of sand every which way. the fur on her neck was already spikey from salt air, no bristling required, but at first glance there was nothing. 

she shot one last look over her shoulder at the sea weasels, who were now not even doing her the courtesy of looking at her. "i'll be back!" she barked, to absolutely no effect whatsoever, and then bolted through the dune grass and, expecting whatever was making the noise to be significantly smaller than she was or significantly bigger, tripped directly over the fox in her path.

she face-planted ungracefully in the sand, paws flailing wildly as she attempted to regain her footing, and sprang back up as quickly as she could manage, the embarassment translating itself neatly into flustered aggression. "what the fuck!" she yelped, indignation bolstered by the fact that, for once, she wasn't the smaller participant in this encounter.
Messages In This Thread
Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 03, 2018, 06:12 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 03, 2018, 08:23 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 03, 2018, 08:40 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 03, 2018, 09:14 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 03, 2018, 09:39 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 03, 2018, 10:45 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 04, 2018, 03:30 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 04, 2018, 10:15 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 05, 2018, 09:02 AM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 10, 2018, 02:14 PM