that's what you're doin'
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Sound fine to me!

Rain pelted down from the darkening sky relentlessly, its presence felt but only clearly visible when lightning flashed down from the clouds. The lake's surface was jagged and rocky, splashing and rippling from the downpour. Magpie knew instinctually that she should find shelter — it was no good having a saturated undercoat, because even in the fast-drying heat of summer the process would itch like no other. But it felt good to be out here, in the chaos. It seemed to mirror her mood, and stir the feelings she held at bay while being an obedient member of Fox's little empire. She was angry, excited, afraid, ecstatic, all at once. Magpie never seemed to feel anything mildly, though she had been fairly successful at keeping it hidden beneath the surface around the outsiders that had taken her in.

But like anything bottled up and shaken too hard, Magpie felt close to bursting.

When the next boom of thunder shook the fast-approaching night, the juvenile lifted her head to sing along with it. There was no message carried in the sound; only simple joy. It was in this moment that a wolf seemed to tumble out of nowhere, though the teenager didn't see or hear it. Only when her song ended and bright, green eyes opened did the girl see the stranger. She yelped in surprise and scrambled backwards, if only because it was pretty startling to open your eyes and see a dead body that hadn't been there moments before.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
that's what you're doin' - by OG Magpie - July 15, 2014, 04:15 PM
RE: that's what you're doin' - by Red Wolf - July 15, 2014, 06:54 PM
RE: that's what you're doin' - by OG Magpie - July 16, 2014, 04:00 PM
RE: that's what you're doin' - by Red Wolf - July 16, 2014, 06:43 PM
RE: that's what you're doin' - by OG Magpie - July 17, 2014, 01:47 PM
RE: that's what you're doin' - by Red Wolf - July 17, 2014, 05:55 PM
RE: that's what you're doin' - by OG Magpie - July 23, 2014, 11:37 AM
RE: that's what you're doin' - by Red Wolf - July 23, 2014, 06:35 PM
RE: that's what you're doin' - by OG Magpie - July 23, 2014, 09:34 PM
RE: that's what you're doin' - by Red Wolf - July 24, 2014, 06:43 PM