Rising Sun Valley There and Back Again [Discovery Thread]
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
@Ptarmigan I’m making this vague since I’m doing the discovery thread with Summer at the same time. I’m just going to assume that Red has been to the forest at least once before and not mention the fact that Summer has gone with her. I still need a name for the forest, though. Any suggestions? Boyfriend suggested something with the word Autumn it it since I can only see Autumn when I look at aspen trees when their leaves have changed color. It just screams Thanksgiving and Halloween and pumpkins to me. It’s my favorite season of the year. ^_^

Oh, also, in case you didn’t read the New Territory thread in the rough drafts section, I decided to move the location of the forest to the area of the map that is to the LEFT of “The Map of the Teekon Wilds”. To the dark area directly above the mountain that juts out from Porcupine Ridge. I hope you know what I mean… >.<

Red was back here again, to this aspen forest with no name. She was excited to continue exploring, to see all there was to see. Her Outrider nature, as well as her nomadic Coyote blood called for adventure and discovery, and she was happy to oblige. She carefully made her way down the mountain on the forest’s south side and bounded into the trees. From her last time here, she had walked the edge of the forest until she made a full circuit and found out that the shape was a rough oval. And she knew that there was a lake at the forest’s center. Other than that, this place was still fairly undiscovered.

She decided to see if there were any other distinguishing features of the forest. As she traveled through the trees, making her way slowly to its heart, she discovered that there were, interspersed within the aspens, a few other deciduous trees as well, like oaks. And here and there, dotted throughout, were the telltale dark green pine needles of evergreens and other coniferous trees. Mainly, though, there were the tall, skinny, white-on-black trunks of aspens, and their light green leaves that would, in the fall, turn the whole forest red-gold. She couldn’t wait to come back in the autumn and just stare at the beauty.

With a smile, she continued deeper into the forest of no name, joy swelling in her chest at her discovery.
Messages In This Thread
There and Back Again [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 17, 2014, 02:15 PM