Wapun Meadow super smash brothers
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Aww, poor Kipling… Also, sorry I took so long to reply. I took an unintentional break from Wolf on Friday but then I was gone all day yesterday. Didn’t get home till like 11pm. >.<

Red watched in utter dismay as the last doe went hopping away through the grass, her ears pinned back against her head to block out the frustrated howl of her hunting partner. Half of her was pissed at the female for screwing up, and the other half was giggling on the inside at the obvious displeasure of the poor girl. Not giggling to make fun — more so because, in the long run, it didn’t matter all that much whether she had caught anything or not. It was not as if the two of them were starving. Perhaps her new friend was right, after all, though. Rabbits would be much easier to catch, and Kipling definitely needed to practice the basics first.

The coywolf trotted forward, meeting her friend where she was panting in exhaustion from the work she had been put through. She attempted to nudge the girl’s side good-naturedly, to let her know that everything was all right. Then she pulled back and sighed. Okay, she thought to herself. Basics. Grimacing, because she knew this would require speaking, she began.

“Rabbits instead?” she asked, deciding that using as little words as possible was probably for the best, considering her level of speaking skills. “Next time, choose one target before the chase. Then stick to same target. Less confusion that way. Drink?” The last word was a question, indicated by pointing her muzzle in the direction of the small stream nearby. Words, as useful as the might be, still felt completely weird in her mouth, like trying to hold a wriggling, flying bug inside her mouth before finally releasing it. Still, it was a skill she begrudgingly admitted she needed to learn. At least with those wolves who seemed to have been born with some instincts missing — namely, the ability to read wolf body language. Red sometimes wondered how any of these wolves had survived for as long as they had if they couldn’t read the bodies of members of their own species. If she’d had the words, she might have thought something along the lines of, What the fuck, evolution?

Still, sometimes speaking just couldn’t be helped. She smiled at Kipling before trotting forward and dipping her head down to the water for a quick drink. The real lesson would begin now.
Messages In This Thread
super smash brothers - by Kipling - July 16, 2014, 11:53 AM
RE: super smash brothers - by Red Wolf - July 16, 2014, 01:18 PM
RE: super smash brothers - by Kipling - July 16, 2014, 02:35 PM
RE: super smash brothers - by Red Wolf - July 16, 2014, 05:42 PM
RE: super smash brothers - by Kipling - July 16, 2014, 08:03 PM
RE: super smash brothers - by Red Wolf - July 17, 2014, 02:48 PM
RE: super smash brothers - by Kipling - July 17, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: super smash brothers - by Red Wolf - July 18, 2014, 02:42 PM
RE: super smash brothers - by Kipling - July 19, 2014, 12:30 AM
RE: super smash brothers - by Red Wolf - July 20, 2014, 01:45 PM
RE: super smash brothers - by Kipling - July 20, 2014, 08:49 PM