Rising Sun Valley Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread]
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Okay so all I can say is holy sh*t I love your writing! ^_^ It is amazing. Yes. Yes it is. And as an aspiring author, I take great inspiration from it. Your descriptions are lovely and are better at describing a forest that I came up with than I am. Lol. Also, no need to match the length.

Red watched from her position on her back as Fang took a drink from the lake. He then spoke softly of a forest similar to this one, only in autumn, when the leaves were an explosion of warm and bright colors. She smiled, knowing that same sight well. It was something she looked forward to seeing for herself when the time came and fall entered the wood.

When Fang turned and laughed at her for rolling around like a fool to scratch at the itch she’d had, she laid her ears back on her head in embarrassment. But he said nothing about it and didn’t seem to care, and so her ears went straight once more. She twisted her head to watch as he lay down beside the lake, staring out across the water silently for a time. Then he turned to her again and said, “It’s hard to believe no one else has been around here before.”

She made a hmm’ing noise in her throat as she thought about that. He was right. It was a little strange, wasn’t it? Of course, most wolves were homebodies. Most wolves didn’t travel very far outside of their pack territory. Red probably wouldn’t, either, if she were purebred. But she wasn’t, and, although she didn’t remember her parents, instinct told her from the moment she awoke in the Teekon Wilds that she was half-coyote. That spurred her adventurous nature, and her want to become an Outrider. She said none of this out loud, not wanting to talk — as she very rarely did.

Instead she rolled onto her belly and padded up to Fang, sitting down beside him and looking out at the lake. It was beautiful, and reflected perfectly the day and its glories. She knew at night that it was also the perfect mirror for the stars. She looked down at Fang beside her, and suddenly an odd sensation went through her. She had the need to be part of a pack. But not the Sunspire. The wolves there were her family, yes, but she was slowly growing tired of being submissive. As time wore on, the urge to leave and start her own pack was lingering in the back of her mind, like the itch along her spine earlier. Only, for the life of her, she couldn’t scratch it.

Sighing, she lay down beside her new friend, placing her head on her paws and thinking hard.
Messages In This Thread
Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 18, 2014, 03:05 PM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Fang - July 18, 2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 20, 2014, 11:05 AM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Fang - July 20, 2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 20, 2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Fang - July 20, 2014, 06:57 PM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 20, 2014, 07:33 PM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Fang - July 20, 2014, 07:51 PM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 20, 2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Fang - July 20, 2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Alabaster Wood [Discovery Thread] - by Red Wolf - July 21, 2014, 10:50 AM