Blacktail Deer Plateau A little lair for a very small bear
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Hope it is not too late for Kaihra to join the party (:

She’d first scented the wolf-bear at the edge of the Plateau. She’d smelt it again pawsteps further and again a little while on. She hadn’t intended to follow the trail the first time, nor the second nor the third, but each encounter brought more confusion to the dark wolf, and more confusion brought more unwelcomed curiousity. And against her better judgment, Kaihra followed. She had never faced a bear before and didn’t fancy making this the day she did, but as she carefully flipped each scent over in her mind, she became more and more certain that this bear was quite dead and that the wolves who walked with it - one of whom she duly noted was the alpha male - were both certainly alive.

A guttural laugh broke her concentration and Kaihra flicked her gaze toward the source of the scents that lingered fresh on the air. She recognized Finley immediately, to whom she gave a small dip of her head, and bowed low to the younger of the males, the alpha Peregrine, whom she knew only by scent and name. She thought for a moment that she recognized the elder wolf Sun Spark - there was a certain warmth in his face that danced with a strange familiarity - but Kaihra couldn’t quite place where she’d seen him before. Deep within, it still unnerved her to be around so many wolves after so many moons alone, and she still felt she lacked the social ease that seemed to come so naturally to others. Still, she did well to keep her ears flat and tail low as she picked her way toward her higher-ranking packmates. ”And I am Kaihra,” she said once the elder Sun Spark had spoken his name. She eyed the bear before their paws, but felt no stir in her stomach to indulge in the feast. She’d leave that to those who were hungrier than she.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - July 21, 2014, 03:40 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - July 21, 2014, 08:35 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - July 21, 2014, 09:19 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - July 21, 2014, 11:32 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - July 23, 2014, 11:08 AM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - July 25, 2014, 12:01 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - July 26, 2014, 12:53 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - July 26, 2014, 07:53 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - July 28, 2014, 04:26 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - July 30, 2014, 05:28 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - July 31, 2014, 06:15 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - August 05, 2014, 09:56 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - August 06, 2014, 06:05 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - August 08, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - August 10, 2014, 10:11 AM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - August 11, 2014, 11:20 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - August 16, 2014, 06:24 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - August 18, 2014, 08:52 AM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - August 18, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - August 20, 2014, 02:35 PM