Herbalists' Cache Before we packed our bags and left all this behind
† The Overlord of Ice †
37 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The pale girl was frightened when she peered into his mismatched eyes as if she saw his inner demons and shuffled away from him. D-Don't be afraid! I can help, He said, feeling quite nervous, himself. Knowing that moving closer would only make her more fearful, he instead decided to lay his belly on the ground. Comforting a creature that couldn't understand him was much easier, but he could do this. Some of it had to carry over, right?

Gundham started at the sound of foliage rustling nearby, head whipping around to see what caused it. He felt a wave of panic when he realized it was another wolf and gawked at her with wide eyes. His heart pounded, and his legs began to quiver. Her tone sounded accusatory, which puzzled him for a moment until it clicked: She walked in on the sight of a man (was he, really?) approaching a young girl in the woods at night. The woman probably thought he was some child predator.

What have I gotten myself into?

I should've just minded my business.

I'm not helping, anyway.

Idiot.

His breath became shallow and quick, the thoughts swirling in his mind like a vicious tornado and drowning out everything else. Except...

"My daddy left me!!"

As if being awoken from a bad dream, Gundham snapped out of his mind and turned his attention back to the whole reason he was here in the first place — the girl. Help her, you fool, He told himself, getting back on track.

"I wanna go home," She added with a sniffle.

He left you here? He softly asked to confirm what the girl meant. It made sense, for she was where a young child should not be in the middle of the night — alone and far from home. The though disgusted him, thoughts briefly flashing to his pitiful excuse for a father. But that wasn't important. We'll get you home. You have a pack, right? What is your pack called? Gundham asked next. He could tell the woman had a pack, as well. Perhaps she would know where the girl's pack was. Even if she didn't, he was determined to help find it.

In focusing on helping the girl, the drumming of his heart had quieted, and his breathing became more even, though his limbs still quaked. Thankfully, he was already lying down. Putting his inner struggle aside, Gundham would wait for her answer.
Open Sesame, Pandemonium! I shall fill Hell with true hell!

English | Japanese
Messages In This Thread
RE: Before we packed our bags and left all this behind - by Gundham - November 19, 2018, 07:39 AM