Swiftcurrent Creek I don't like to fight, but i ain't afraid to bleed.
Faoi bhun mo chiche beats croi de laochra fior
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Elijah

Dawn rose on dewy chilly morning, as the auburn male laying out in the open rose to his full size. The sunshine glittered off the dew drops that clung to his fur, and sliced across the scar that he held across his eye. Cutting deep green grief filled eyes, against the sun’s onslaught. He lifted black nose into the air and sniffed once twice, his whiskers trembling as he caught scent of the new morning.

Shaking from shoulders to toe, the drops fell off of his pelt like rain falling down to kiss the ground with their essence. He stretched his large brawny shoulders forward and arched his back, his legs cracking and his joints popping as he shifted, from the years of war and famine and everything else he had gone through.

As the sunlight peeked over the gray clouds he was reminded of Kiva. Kiva of the moor, with deep blue eyes and a soft love filled gaze as she looked at him. A melodically voice that could charm the birds from the trees just for him. Fur as gray as gooses down, gods he missed her, everything about her. He had not been able to save her, but he would save them here and now, he would make up for it. He shifted his large paws and strode forward purpose in his step. He was going to watch the borders; he would keep those enemies any and all from the borders. He didn’t know much about this whole thing, but he did know that he was there to protect so protect is what he would do.

He strode with purpose towards the pack borders, wisdom and fierceness in his green gaze, sharp and clear as the grief that he wore like a second skin. It surrounded him like a shroud. His grief was old now, but it was no less heavy and the guilt that came with it was ever present as well. He could have saved Kiva if he had fought harder, or had been stronger, and maybe just maybe he should have continued to fight instead of lying on the ground in blood when they finally beat him to the ground. Maybe if he had died, this wouldn't hurt so much, and he would have Kiva again.
Messages In This Thread
I don't like to fight, but i ain't afraid to bleed. - by Kieran - July 24, 2014, 12:32 PM