Silver Creek no one's controlling me
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
It was disappointing and perhaps a bit alarming for Oryx to hear that not even Harrison knew when if or the marriages would be chosen...There would only be a certain amount of time for the women to conceive, and it was already likely too late for Lilah...If Grayson did not choose soon, then they would be without puppies that year and Oryx did not necessarily like that idea. She would be three years old this year- practically a spinster already- and she knew that if she did not have children this year that she would be even older next year, and all the more likely to be forgotten when it came to considering wives. Who would want her, when she had already outgrown the soft petals of youth? 

But this wasn't Grayson's fault, and he did have good reasons to choose to wait. Oryx simply hoped, then, that it would not be too much longer before the pack officially settled. There seemed to be no more questions to Oryx- but then again, they were a pack mainly composed of females, and perhaps Grayson was waiting for a few more males to join so that they could be properly protected come spring, and safer to have children. It would be harder to defend their territory if they didn't have the manpower to do so. 

"I do trust in his decisions," She said, as she knew it was important for her to do so. And she wanted Harrison to know the same. She wanted to be the ideal, to have complete faith in her alpha- but she knew she might have her faith shaken, slightly, if she was not chosen to be wedded that year. She would have to be strong and simply have faith that it was or wasn't meant to be...And that meant putting her own feelings aside. She would have to do the very same when it came the time for Harrison's mate to be chosen, especially if she was not the one chosen for him. 

His compliment made her feel warm and flattered, and she lifted her gaze to his, not expecting to see him looking back at her. Unlike most other times, though, she didn't blush and look away- but she looked into his eyes silently for a moment, a fey smile on her features. She had been fishing for more- and she wanted him to continue and confess...She wanted to lure something from him, even just a hint that she was the one he wanted. His companionship, compliments, smiles...They were all sufficient to feed her adoration, but Oryx wanted more. It was well outside the rules for her to ask for it, but she could fish, nonetheless. Still, rather than hinting at all that she might be the one receiving gifts, or that they could accept gifts together, he simply gazed at her. She felt feeble, in that moment, and had to tear her gaze away, trying to hide the fact that her feelings had begun to get in the way of things. She had to be strong; and she couldn't want as much as she did...But one couldn't simply wish desire away.
Messages In This Thread
no one's controlling me - by Harrison - January 05, 2019, 04:40 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Oryx - January 05, 2019, 06:06 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Harrison - January 06, 2019, 02:21 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Oryx - January 06, 2019, 09:10 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Harrison - January 06, 2019, 09:41 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Oryx - January 06, 2019, 10:06 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Harrison - January 08, 2019, 06:29 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Oryx - January 08, 2019, 10:01 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Harrison - January 13, 2019, 07:07 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Oryx - January 14, 2019, 01:33 PM
RE: no one's controlling me - by Harrison - February 04, 2019, 09:05 PM