Blacktail Deer Plateau let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
This is probably my only post if this doesn't become a pack meeting since Saēna is a huge sulky bitch and it makes the most sense with me having been unable to post to it earlier. I'm also making the assumption that @Hawkeye is/was present (Sammi, let me know if that's not okay).

She had been elated when the white cat left them, and even moreso because she thought she had done it. That's what the creatures in her dream had said, right? I am You, the weird bird had said, and We can right all wrongs. Saēna had not allowed herself to believe that the dream was real, since she equated such silly notions with Tytonidae (who was her new favourite thing to hate ever since the founding of the dead fox), but it seemed impossible to ignore now.

Junior was alive. The bear in her dream had told her so and it was true. The dark girl bounded ahead of them now, still stronger and taller than Saēna but no less puppyish for it. She strolled quietly ahead of Hawkeye, but her pleasure was evident in her high steps and the swaying of her tail. No doubt her dam was in good spirits as well. She thought she might be happy with things forever... Until they reached the top of the plateau, and met the others.

First, Tytonidae came bounding forward. Having scapegoated the dreamy pup for no reason other than her strangeness, Saēna took a menacing step forward, her hackles prickling... Until Peregrine swept forward and pulled both girls into an embrace. Awash in emotion, Saēna stared on, silently asking herself why Ty was being given all the attention. She hadn't done anything -- Saēna and Junior had fought a mountain lion to bring O.J. home!

(More appropriately, the adults had scared it off, but the story was already warped in her brain).

But the question answered itself when she recalled her discussion with Kisu. I'm not one of them, she reminded herself. She sulkily resigned to the thought that her foster father and mother would never give her the same unconditional love they had for Junior and the broken Tytonidae, and that was when the littlest pup began to walk away at the edge of the gathering. It was pathetic and childish to expect any attention, and she should have just been happy to have Junior back and to have helped make that a reality... But Saēna's reality was one where she was celebrated too, rather than standing on the sidelines watching other pups being cuddled while she had no blood parents present to celebrate her life.