Overture Downs No matter where I sleep
105 Posts
Ooc —
Hope its alright for me to hop in here.
Sorin had wandered northeast from the fox filled wood, with no real destination, only a vague feeling of rightness in the action. The wood was inviting, but it was too close to pack lands for him. He had no intention of being discovered, of playing the delicate dance of spurring an invitation to join. He knew that joining a pack was probably a sensible option, considering the heart of winter was upon this land. But he was not one to give into such desires, he had made that decision long ago. More accurately, the decision had been made for him.

Eventually, the rugged male wandered out into an open plain, one that he recognized with almost painful familiarity. This was where he had met Clary, the night he had almost let his guard fall. He sighed deeply at the memory. All his carefully constructed walls had almost collapsed from a little greif and a discussion about what he held most dear. He snorted, berating himself for his weakness, for letting a perfect stranger get under his fur. And deep in his mind, she whispered poison more deadly than his own.

He glanced upward, the stars shining bright in the clear night sky. Another sigh escaped him as he looked up, his gaze beseeching and broken. His will to go on had always been strong, but some nights, when she got the better of the constant battle in his head, he wondered if it was all worth it. Was living worth all the pain, all the suffering and mistrust that ate away at his heart. Was he even really living anymore, or was he just surviving? It was a question Sorin had battled with since the day she had scared him.

The glint of moonlight on water broke his train of thought, and Sorin walked over the edge of a small stream, preparing to drink. As he lowered his gaze from the stars however, he caught sight of a stranger on the opposite shore. Her pelt was marred with scars, and her frame was gaunt with ill health. A tremor of shock and sympathy ran through Sorin as he caught sight of her missing limb, although he did his best to mask his reaction. Despite himself, sorin was deeply curious. What horrors could she have possibly gone through? He chuffed softly to make his presence known, not wanting to startle her, for she seemed contemplative as well.
Messages In This Thread
No matter where I sleep - by Síff - January 29, 2019, 12:45 AM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Sorin - January 29, 2019, 03:10 AM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Síff - January 29, 2019, 10:37 AM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Sorin - January 29, 2019, 12:29 PM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Síff - January 29, 2019, 04:39 PM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Sorin - January 29, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Síff - January 29, 2019, 06:11 PM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Sorin - January 29, 2019, 06:44 PM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Síff - January 29, 2019, 07:01 PM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Sorin - January 30, 2019, 02:19 AM
RE: No matter where I sleep - by Síff - January 30, 2019, 06:49 PM