Horizon Ridge Patience you must have, my young padawan
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry was a little surprised, at first. But he understood that ideas were often conflicting, and there were many facets to even the simplest of concepts. If anything, the fact that the boy would even muster the courage to voice these thoughts was relevant enough. Embry found that he would much rather his pupil let such feelings be known than to cradle them beneath and watch them fester.

"You can always make it your strength," his tone had softened, though it retained a sober note. "But it is good to recognize your weaknesses... Still, I wouldn't dissolve my case. There will be moments when you are fighting that you won't be given time for careful consideration. That is when I want you to remember this. You must feel that, in the end, it is your mentality that will get you through any situation."

Embry straightened, drawing a quick pocket of the morning air as he shifted. "Illidan," strong words escaped his maw. "Forget what I have said if it hinders you, but take fruit from what branches I offer. I don't intend to make this sentimental — talking is for a peaceful world."

He dipped his nose towards the nearby ridge. A bleak wind had settled upon the sparse terrain. "Now, stand at the crest of the hill over there. No matter what I do, you will retain your balance atop it, understood?" 
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - January 26, 2019, 04:53 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 02, 2019, 01:17 AM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 02, 2019, 06:59 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 03, 2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 03, 2019, 11:19 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 05, 2019, 08:08 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 05, 2019, 09:04 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 12, 2019, 07:02 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 12, 2019, 10:19 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 13, 2019, 08:23 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 13, 2019, 11:32 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 28, 2019, 12:33 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 28, 2019, 04:33 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - March 03, 2019, 11:03 PM