Honeyed Pasture Abandoned but not forgotten
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Her topaz eyes peered up at the evening sky as the last few rays of lights gave way to the rising moon. Glittering stars faded into existence as her attention swayed back to the male as he spoke.

Feyre’s head canted slightly to the side, a side-effect of her listening intently to his words. She had never known the touch of the ocean or the sound of it crashing upon the shore. Even then, as the tides swept in and out upon the beach afar, she still could not form a specific image of the sea. Embry’s connection to something not alive, but seemingly flourishing with life was foreign to her; and yet she saw the nostalgic look written upon his face and knew how much it truly meant to him.

Despair burrowed into the pit of her stomach as he mentioned his turmoil. To be so upset about leaving her that he considered…leaving…himself. “Embry…” Her voice was a soft murmur to begin with, yet it faded as he continued.

Guilt turned into irritation as he spoke of her commitment to him. It was always about unrequited feelings with him, although they always were. Was it her fault that she had felt uneasy after he confessed his love for her? Was leaving with him not proof enough? Would she always have to convince him of how much she cared?

The dove’s voice dropped from a sonnet to a hollow version of what it had been, stress building in her tone. “I don’t understand how you didn’t think that by me deciding to leave with you, to spend my life with you, I was not committed to you?” Confusion swirled within her. “That was how I showed my feelings for you, and yet you twist it into something insignificant? It is better than showing you care through leaving, is it not?” Her elegant forehead crinkled, her breathing quickening, “Is that not the definition of non-commital? RUNNING AWAY?” Feyre ground out the words, her voice nearly a shout.

Mercenary: 5/5
Messages In This Thread
Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - February 27, 2019, 09:08 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - February 27, 2019, 07:51 PM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - February 27, 2019, 09:27 PM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - February 28, 2019, 12:20 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - February 28, 2019, 08:56 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - February 28, 2019, 04:43 PM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - February 28, 2019, 10:37 PM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - March 01, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - March 01, 2019, 09:01 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - March 01, 2019, 01:35 PM