Neverwinter Forest you became the light on the dark side of me
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Her every waking moment was agony without the caress of his voice. Feyre felt as though a fresh wound had been ripped in her side over the remains of the scars of her past. The pain of leaving Embry was tenfold to the pain of him leaving her. This time, it had been her decision, and it hurt her more than words could express.

The icy water stroked across her ivory paws with the touch of a lover, weaving around her lithe form as she lay peacefully within its shallow depths. The sound of the bubbling brook soothed her broken heart, the brief relief from her inner turmoil allowing her to close her eyes.

Her hearing stretched past the noise of the flowing liquid to the sound of the pebbles rushing along its depths. The flutter of the winged dark birds and the scratch of the squirrels’ claws upon the bark of the pines surrounding her came into view. Amongst It, she could hear the soft hooves of a fawn a distance away, and with it a faster, more lumbering pace of a larger creature.

Feyre’s amber optics snapped open, searching the dark edges of her sunlight clearing for the man whose footsteps she had heard far too many times not to recognize. Her vision was clear of his honeyed pelage, and a piece of her saddened. Yet the footsteps neared, and the dove was overcome by a wave of panic. Crystalline water droplets flew from her pelt as she sprung up from the spring in surprise, dashing behind the nearest pine in a flurry of noise. She remembered her promise to him, but was not keen to uphold it.

Mercenary: 5/5
Messages In This Thread
you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 05, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: you became the light on the dark side of me - by Feyre - March 05, 2019, 08:21 PM