Neverwinter Forest you became the light on the dark side of me
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Feyre knew she was done for as soon as she laid eyes upon him. The owner of her shattered heart bounded up to the stream, peering into its depths with intensity. His searching gaze sent a spear of guilt through her chest. Somehow, she knew that it was she whom he sought. Yet she still made her clumsy stumble towards the shadows, wishing not to stomp upon the shards of their hearts for the second time within days.

The wraith watched his fluid body freeze at the sound of her frenzy, but still dove into the darkness. The slow turn of his head in her direction was nearly her undoing, causing her breaths to come in short bursts as she tried to convince herself that he had not seen her. The urge to heave a defeated sigh and step out from her dark abode was overrun by her pride. It was her arrogance that sent jitters down her spine and forced her paws into a dance in place. She wanted to flee, and her darting eyes reflected that desire.

He called out to her, his low timbre resonating within her bones; pulling her soul towards him though her paws remained steadfast. Adrenaline pumped through her veins, urging for her to run as he stalked nearer. His words drew out her own before her mind recognized that she had responded, “NO.”

Idiot. She chastised herself, embarrassment curling her plumage up beneath her. Now she had to step out into the filtered rays of sunlight, a mask of bravado sheltering her from her own mortification. “I meant…” She tried to think of something confident to say, “Of course I am here, but why are you?” Her mask turned dark as she tried to block out the warmth of his tone. “Do you not remember my promise to you?” That would do for now.

Mercenary: 5/5
Messages In This Thread
you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 05, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: you became the light on the dark side of me - by Feyre - March 05, 2019, 09:39 PM