The very thing that I love's killing me and I can't conquer it
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
The rabid wolf responded with a terrible sound, and that spurred Ptarmigan into abrupt motion. But it wasn't away that she ran—it was toward the downed Alpha female. There was a history of conquest in the Endore family. Sphinx Endore, the first of them to touch the Salvaje Valleys, had founded several packs in her time. Nightingale, Ptarmigan's grandmother, had ascended to Sphinx's throne and become a strong and well-respected Alpha. Salene Endore had been the same, and Renatus had gone on to lead the Evertos.

Therefore, it wasn't unrealistic that one day, a latent desire to follow in her ancestors' footsteps would wake in Ptarmigan. The chance to make something of herself was staring her in the face, and she could not let it slip away.

She widened her mouth, diving for Jinx's nape with alarming speed. If she failed, she would die ti the fatal sickness that had taken the ruler if this territory. If she won... Then, by all the laws of nature known to Ptarmigan, she would be the queen and the pack would have to bow to her.