The very thing that I love's killing me and I can't conquer it
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
A life of being a warrior, both mystic and physical, had set Jinx up for failure. Though her mind whirled with vivid hallucinations, effectively ruining her concentration, her body went through the motions of snapping at another wolf as if they were muscle memory. Yet what was left of her made the fatal mistake of underestimating her opponent... Or overestimating her opponent's morality, rather.

For Ptarmigan fought not like a warrior, but like a rogue. She slipped past Jinx's prone form, and before the Alpha could do anything about it, fear enveloped her and her head was thrust into the river. The panic that welled up in her was like none she had ever felt before, for not only was Jinx incapable of breathing water, she was incapable of swallowing it.

Her throat spasmed painfully with each desperate attempt to gulp and prevent herself from breathing. Her body strained and fought against this bitter end, bucking and convulsing. At some point, her dark assailant straddled her, holding her down into the river even as she choked. She thrashed and gnashed her jaws so fitfully that she bit through her tongue at one point. She fought to lift her head, but Ptarmigan held her firmly down until at last her body relented and her fight ceased. Her lungs filled with water, her eyes stared widely at the river bottom, but saw nothing, and Jinx died on the side of the river.

Only then was her neck released, but it was much too late for a miraculous recovery.