Journey
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
The vast grasses and small glades of the south slowly faded into dense groups of grand pines and firs as the two women journeyed towards the mountains, slowly leaving Rising Sun Valley behind them. Summer winds scented with blossoms transformed into a heartier musk, challenged by the alpine loam. Even though they still had a ways to go until the mountain was reached, it was clear to see the changes in the earth as time and distance passed.

'I hope they hold up to expectation, then,' replied the Endore, and Tuwawi nodded in return. "So do I," she said, a bit of uncertainty in her voice. It was possible these cliffs wouldn't be the right home for them. And how would Bazi and the rest of Swiftcurrent take the news? It wasn't like Tuwawi to usurp a trusted comrade, especially one who had found her place in the alpha's seat circumstantially. Her conscious was too strong to be as opportunistic as the Endore, at least when it came to hurting those she knew well.

Ptargiman's story of her heritage began. 'A little place in the steppes. My mom and dad were Alphas, but they were also alone. They didn't want me around when I got older,' she started. Tuwawi's head cocked to the side, a bit perplexed. Her family hadn't wanted her? Kicked her out? It all seemed strange to the new mother, who would never had the intention to refuse her offspring. Then again, Tuwawi herself had been abandoned by her family... perhaps Ptarmigan's situation hadn't been that unique. Nevertheless, at that moment the ember made a silent vow: family was life.

She frowned, not knowing whether to offer a word of condolences for such a sad story. However, the loner seemed casual enough to not merit sympathy. 'So I've wandered most of my life. Can't say I intend to stop,' she added. "You never plan to settle down?" Tuwawi asked the traveler as she tried to imagine a life of constant uncertainity. Already, the fire wolf had been apart of four packs - soon to be five - in her life: Kindred, Tartok, Snapjaw Battalion, and Swiftcurrent Creek. She laughed, "I am quite the opposite. I seem to find a place wherever I go." Tuwawi reflected on the creek's troubles, "though I can't say its all peaches and gravy. We have our problems." She paused to think, silver eyes meeting Ptarmigan's mossy eyes. "Maybe this mountain will have some answers."
currently sports a radio collar around her neck. 
Messages In This Thread
Journey - by Tuwawi RIP - July 27, 2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Journey - by Ptarmigan - July 28, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: Journey - by Tuwawi RIP - July 29, 2014, 12:34 AM
RE: Journey - by Ptarmigan - July 29, 2014, 12:52 AM
RE: Journey - by Tuwawi RIP - July 29, 2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Journey - by Ptarmigan - July 30, 2014, 09:41 AM
RE: Journey - by Tuwawi RIP - July 31, 2014, 12:51 AM
RE: Journey - by Ptarmigan - July 31, 2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Journey - by Tuwawi RIP - July 31, 2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Journey - by Ptarmigan - July 31, 2014, 11:50 PM
RE: Journey - by Tuwawi RIP - August 04, 2014, 10:11 PM