Spotted Eagle Mountain i hear the birds singing in their cage
78 Posts
Ooc — Malia
He wolfdog hums in reply and enjoys the smile littering the others face. He listens to the male speak. As Ulysses expected, it must be a minor injury for he doesn't seem too badly hurt. Hunger is easily connected to the bodily weakness the coywolf displays, starvation is a hard battle to fight, especially with an injury.

Ulysses stands again, his tail even dares to wag a bit at the excitement of a potential hunt and his eyes get this certain lively gleam in them. His love for hunting is addictive, something not even his two-legged family could cure.

He grins, "It'd be my pleasure to hunt for you. Could never resist a good chase and a nice meal." He comments.

With a last glance into those amber eyes, he spins to run into the awaiting environment then starts into a run. His powerful, muscled body and his large paws thump against the grass beneath. Once he's far enough he comes to a halt. Long black and pink tongue lolling out of his mouth while his breath plums into a cloud of mist in the dark of the night.

He drops his nose to the forest floor, trotting every which way to find this meal. Then finally he picks something up that's not too faded. He's suspecting it's a hooved animal. Here by the mountains it could be a deer or even some type of goat or ram. This should be an easy catch.

Following the scent he lays eyes on a young spotted doe around a year of age. She's big enough for a good meal. She's lying down halfway submerged into a thinned out, almost leafless bush. He's stalking towards her coming up behind where the bush is thickest. His weight doesn't allow him the quietest of approaches all the time and to his luck, a pile of leaves just barely crunching under his paw. It's enough to have her wide eyed and popping up from her relaxed position.

Ulysses cringes and makes a break for it. He pounces out of the bushes he'd been hiding by and closes the distance. She's alread taken off and he opens his strides to catch up. Finally just as she's begin running she stumbles upon a log and hops over it. The action stretches her body out enough for Ulysses to snap his jaws around the meat of her back leg.

She stops midway across the log, long legs scrambling and the wind knocked from her as she plops down heavily on the wooden surface. The wolfdog drags her off the log and gives her a good shake of his head, effectively breaking the leg trapped in his jaws. She's cries and Ulysses ears press flat to his head at the distressed sound.

He lets go, the leg bloody. He snatches her by the throat and does the same to finally end her suffering. A boney crack signals her death and the blood running into his mouth let him finalize her death.

Still holding onto her throat, he trots back to the coywolf. It takes him quite a few minutes but he gets there. When the other male is within range, Ulysses' silvery eyes are stuck on the expressions of the others face. Wanting to take in the reaction as he sidles up with the kill hanging from his maw and a pep in his step. 

He used to bring kills to his two-leggeds all the time. He thought this no different, proud to drop the doe at the paws of the coywolf he sits still. Quietly awaiting for the other to take his offering.
Messages In This Thread
i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - April 13, 2019, 11:52 AM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - April 13, 2019, 09:42 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - April 15, 2019, 12:54 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - April 15, 2019, 02:41 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - April 19, 2019, 12:03 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - April 19, 2019, 04:39 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - April 26, 2019, 10:21 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - April 27, 2019, 11:49 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - November 24, 2019, 04:30 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - November 30, 2019, 07:55 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - December 02, 2019, 01:30 AM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - December 05, 2019, 12:06 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - December 05, 2019, 01:56 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - December 07, 2019, 12:11 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - December 07, 2019, 04:24 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - December 08, 2019, 11:57 AM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - December 08, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - December 12, 2019, 01:47 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - December 19, 2019, 09:54 AM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - December 23, 2019, 06:58 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - December 24, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - December 24, 2019, 04:04 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - December 27, 2019, 11:07 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - December 28, 2019, 02:37 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - December 29, 2019, 07:38 PM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - December 30, 2019, 09:44 AM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Ulysses - December 30, 2019, 10:55 AM
RE: i hear the birds singing in their cage - by Merrick - December 31, 2019, 03:04 PM