Stavanger Bay do any men grow up or do they only come of age?
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
The topic of family brought flashes of women to his mind, not men, not Illidan. But it wasn't because Firefly did not feel as if they weren't worthy of it; he thought of Rosalyn and Erzulie because of his guilt. He thought of Niamh too, but lacked the courage to investigate her claim to him. It went without saying (at least for Firefly) that Rusalka was home and that Illidan was more than just family, but what would it matter? The women ruled there, and they loathed him. He'd made the mistake of being emotional and letting his fear drive him off the beach when they needed him the most — there was no coming back from that.

When we met on the beach for the first time, i'd told you that you would have a family in the pack and that we would support you no matter what... Illidan spoke, and gradually Firefly came to watch him, until he saw the way his friend bristled and reacted; he did not want to mirror the agitation or cause a fight with someone he felt so close to - that would be the final bridge burned - but he couldn't just stand there in silence.

Your children will never know what it means to have a father.

That isn't my fault. He shot back. If you want someone to blame for that, blame those fucking women! His tail lashed behind him and settled high; he couldn't contain his rage as he spoke of the two new mothers. Rosalyn never wanted me to be their father, you know that Illidan. She doesn't even want to be a mother, she just used me to make Erzulie happy. It doesn't matter if I'm in Rusalka or not. They never wanted me to play that role. And he never wanted to be the father to their bastards, he'd always been in it for the sex.

Or that's what he told himself.

Firefly did not miss the glimmer that overtook his friend's gaze; he scoffed as he took notice of it, and was about to turn away, leave the sobbing child behind for good. But Illidan wasn't done; his voice halted Firefly's escape (as it always would). This place? it has offered you something better? 

He glared at the boy for that question — feeling the strength of his guilt, and finally taking it upon himself to bottle that up with the rest of his emotions, shoving it down deep. This is mine, came his frigid voice, claiming dominion over the bay which he stole — and the look on Firefly's face was chilled to match. He need not tell the boy to go home - that one look said it all.
Messages In This Thread
RE: do any men grow up or do they only come of age? - by RIP Firefly - May 09, 2019, 02:45 PM