Swiftcurrent Creek i've had my coffee, so let's go
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"We are leaving the creek."

The clarification did not console her. She had invested nearly a third of her young life in the creek, most of it as a leader - even changed her name in a show of devotion to its wolves and waters. Now that she was to become both Alpha and most senior member in one fell swoop, the bonds of duty tightened like jungle snares around her ankles. If Tuwawi left the creek, she was leaving Bazi with it.

The fiery mother's gently spoken suggestion caused all-out war to break out in Bazi's skull. "Go with you...?" she mumbled dimly over the sound of a dozen contradicting thoughts crossing swords. One side wanted to scream 'Yes!' and make plans for departure straight away. How wonderful, to absolve all responsibility and flounce off into the distant mountains with a woman she adored, a man she trusted, and the very cutest pups ever to walk the earth!

But would Scimitar come? Would Danica? What would happen to the rest of them? She was still tired, and her the voice that represented her sense of responsibility was less forceful as a result. Pack above all else. But what if you had to choose between two packs? Then what?

It was the third and loudest voice that eventually made Bazi's mind up for her - and it was the most selfish. This can't be my first attempt at leadership. Nobody would sing songs about the last, cowardly Alpha of Swiftcurrent Creek. Nobody would remember the good she had managed to do if her last act as leader was to disband the pack.

Finally, after thinking hard on it for what seemed like hours, she raised wide, glassy eyes to Tuwawi's face: "... I can't." And just like that, one possible future disappeared in a puff of white smoke.
Messages In This Thread
i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 01, 2014, 06:52 AM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 02, 2014, 01:00 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 02, 2014, 02:01 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 03, 2014, 01:33 AM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 03, 2014, 01:31 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 05, 2014, 02:08 AM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 05, 2014, 03:07 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 05, 2014, 11:35 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 10, 2014, 08:42 AM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 16, 2014, 04:13 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 17, 2014, 05:33 AM