Heron Lake Plateau that was before they took away my hair net.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Her mate also noticed the somber aura around Raven and gently urged an answer from the pair. Liffey looked instinctively at Quixote, recognizing that whatever had happened, Raven didn't appear to be up to saying the words herself. Her heart and her mind scrambled to prepare her for the worst as Quixote responded, but they failed woefully to do so. She had expected the news to be about her parents, that they had been the ones lost. To hear that it was Wildfire was a complete, heartbreaking shock.

Liffey's eyes widened with disbelief at the news as tears sprang to them. She looked at Raven as though searching for confirmation, but her cousin's face had already given it. Wildfire, dead. Liffey had looked up to her fabled cousin long before ever getting to meet the girl because of the tales Fin had always told her and her siblings. When she had finally met her, it had been like meeting a celebrity. She had been so kind, so gracious. And now.

She shook her head gently, brushing away the news about her parents. They were the reason she had come, but they were hardly the priority now. "Oh, Raven," she murmured, hesitating against reaching for her out of uncertainty, "I'm so sorry. I can't believe it... What about Eljay? And.. They had kids, didn't they? How..."

She had to close her mouth as the full level of this tragedy closed in on her. She remembered talking to Eljay about Wildfire, coaching him on how to admit his feelings for her. How was it possible that her brother had only been given a few, short months of happiness before it was stolen from him?
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: that was before they took away my hair net. - by Liffey - May 30, 2019, 07:59 AM