Firestone Hot Springs Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine [M]
<b>OOC Planning:</b> No.<br> <b>Major Powerplaying:</b> No.<br> <b>Minor Powerplaying:</b> Yes.<br><b>Sparring:</b> Yes.
45 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
No need to match the length. I got carried away.

The pregnant silence that followed Ellie's question was difficult to handle, as it made her automatically think that Peregrine was trying to think of a nice way to say no. When he finally did speak, his response did little to quell the slightly queasy feeling in her stomach. She wasn't stupid, of course. She had known that a test of her skills would be coming, and this is what caused her stomachache. She didn't really have any skills -- none that she could think of, anyway. Sighing, she looked down at her paws, not quite ready to tell the truth about her lack of wolf-like qualities, but knowing he wouldn't wait forever.

"I... I'm not much good at... fighting... or hunting," she began, wincing with every other word, as her confession did not a worthy wolf make. "When it comes to those kinds of things... I have no stomach for them. Which means I probably couldn't be much of a Healer, either. The sight of blood makes me vomit." She paused, trying to think of a way to make herself seem more... presentable. "It's not like I won't fight if it's needed. I'll defend the borders like any wolf would, but I don't think I'd be very good at it."

She plowed on, hoping that enough excuses would give her a pass into the pack. And it wasn't as though she didn't want to learn things that would make her a decent member of society the pack. It was just that, she had never bothered to learn them before, which was one of the reasons she was wandering now. Her birth pack had deemed her unfit to be a member and had thrown her out.

"I'll learn. I promise I'll learn. Maybe you have pups that need looking after? I also like exploring. I could be an Outrider, maybe? Or a Counselor? I may not make the best decisions when it comes to myself, but I do like helping others. I --" She stopped here, realizing that at this point she was probably boring Peregrine, which was not her intent. So she just huffed a sigh and looked away. She was going to be denied, she already knew, so why get her hopes up?
Messages In This Thread
Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine [M] - by Ellie - August 08, 2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 09, 2014, 12:01 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 09, 2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 12:21 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 03:27 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 04:58 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 06:03 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 08:17 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Good Sleep, a Bath and a Glass of Wine [M] - by Ellie - August 10, 2014, 09:20 PM