Neverwinter Forest i stood very still by the window sill
41 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
Markus was too far away to hear the call for help. It wasn't a bad day, he wasn't curled in on himself, but he wasn't patrolling or anything either. He was just watching the snow and it's contrast with the dry, brown of dead needles bellow his own feet. He was thinking he had probably chosen pretty good for the winter, all things considered, when he heard the anxious call go out and his body jerked itself around and onto his feet almost before his brain could process it.

Mal. 

Markus took off like a shot - a gear of speed he rarely used. His lungs burned with cold air as his brain worked to catch up - he hadn't even thought before he flew through the pine forest. He had just answered. Mal had called and Markus had simply gone. The tone put the pep in his step and soon Markus burst through the trees, slowing to a trot as he came to stop before Mal and the new black shape.

For a moment he was confused. The stick protruding from the young wolf - younger than Mal - did not make sense to his brain. It looked like a black bone or an extra limb before his mind caught up with what his eyes were seeing and he could make sense of it. Then, his stomach turned. It squeezed painfully as the scent and sight came together to create a wave of nausea. Markus snapped his jaws shut tight to prevent any bile that might try it from escaping. That was the opposite of helpful, now.

The hair along his spine upright, his stomach turning, his gaze flicked from the pup to Mal and back. "I-uh..." the idea of touching the boy caused a shudder to run through his body and he shook his head to clear it. He would do what he was told...what Mal told him to do. His eyes settled on the young, grey male and they softened just a bit before he shook himself violently like a dog covered in water and turned to the black shape. "H-hey...yeah - can you, uh...if you can get up, we can help..." he parroted. 

He hoped there was more help on the way. Markus would do what he could but he was next to useless in this scenario, truthfully.
Messages In This Thread
i stood very still by the window sill - by Cam - November 12, 2019, 11:35 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Mal - November 13, 2019, 12:50 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Markus - November 13, 2019, 12:41 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Ceilidh - November 13, 2019, 10:11 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Cam - November 14, 2019, 10:16 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Mal - November 15, 2019, 01:40 AM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Markus - November 17, 2019, 07:31 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Ceilidh - November 21, 2019, 09:20 PM
RE: i stood very still by the window sill - by Cam - November 24, 2019, 10:08 PM