Neverwinter Forest my aunt used to live in Paris
41 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
His skepticism, which was unnecessary and some strange form of insecurity, exploded into a thousand tiny pieces as Mal's voice broke the tense air between them. Markus looked up, his heart jumping a bit at Mal's sudden appearance, and was promptly ignored as the boy greeted the dark female with pure enthusiasm. It left no room for questions and no room for Markus, either, who took a few steps backward. He couldn't help the hurt that twisted his face for just a moment before he put himself in check. It sounded like the girl was a friend - an older one than Markus, if Mal considered him one. It also sounded like he'd not seen the girl in awhile, which made sense. Markus was an idiot sometimes, truly.

He scolded himself bitterly, gaze averting with a small frown though he still listened to the two of them with great attention. He heard the moment the tone shifted and he looked back at the pair, a more neutral expression on his features than his previous internal struggles might have suggested. His eyes met that of the dark female - Ceilidh - and the soft look she gave him twisted his stomach a bit. He hated himself sometimes. He returned the smile, though his was twinged with melancholy, and gave her a slight nod. He turned back to Mal.

"No, you didn't, but it's fine. I did meet Simmik...I'm figuring it out as I go." He laughed, forced but becoming more genuine. Mal was back to speaking to Ceilidh but this time Markus was engaged in the conversation. These were names he had not heard before, though apparently they had split. From what he could tell, they were before his time. He had a pessimistic outlook, much like Mal, but was surprised to hear a brighter take from Ceilidh.

"we're still making something here."

"Yeah, we are." He agreed quickly, easily, casting a very quick and very warm glance at Mal. "Or we better be. You totally sold me on a pack...I gave you a rabbit as tribute and everything." He teased with a grin. This was more genuine, lighter - better.
Messages In This Thread
my aunt used to live in Paris - by Ceilidh - November 08, 2019, 03:41 PM
RE: my aunt used to live in Paris - by Markus - November 08, 2019, 05:47 PM
RE: my aunt used to live in Paris - by Ceilidh - November 09, 2019, 11:22 AM
RE: my aunt used to live in Paris - by Markus - November 10, 2019, 08:59 PM
RE: my aunt used to live in Paris - by Mal - November 12, 2019, 02:15 AM
RE: my aunt used to live in Paris - by Ceilidh - November 13, 2019, 10:48 PM
RE: my aunt used to live in Paris - by Markus - November 14, 2019, 05:42 PM
RE: my aunt used to live in Paris - by Mal - November 20, 2019, 12:01 AM