Moonspear in the land of not quite day
fragile
57 Posts
Ooc — Hero
Hydra was quick, to the point, and Katya made sure to mimic the older woman's quick fire responses, not wanting for a moment for the woman to think her unworthy of joining her pack. "I would like to learn from Lyra if she wouldn't mind an apprentice." she said, hoping that the wolf in question wouldn't mind teaching a wolf of her age and stature. She smiled when the male admitted that he was literate in the plant life around them as well and her tail swayed happily behind her, flashing the quiet male a smile before speaking. "I would like to learn from you as well, that is if you would have me." she offered hoping he would accept her offer. It could prove beneficial to learn the different techniques of both wolves, in case one was more profient in a technique then the other.

She was happy that Hydra accepted her hunting abilities, having left her pack at a young age the woman had but one duty and that was to survive through hunting. She had also learned pretty quickly that expanding her knowledge on plants could serve to help her survive as well.  Unlike the ever moving prey, plants seemed to all look the same and the woman was not brave enough to trial and error her way into learning about which plants were safe enough to consume and which could potentially kill.

Hydra brought up the need to defend due to the pack having many youth to protect, and fear threatened to bubble the length of her throat, the rate of her heart increasing as if the woman had demanded her to spar on the spot. Katya had been taught quite early to keep her posture low and her head leveled to avoid danger, and if all else failed then she would flee to save her hide--to seek out danger when it appeared was not a characteristic that the woman found comfortable but she was happy that at least the woman would teach her. "I am willing to learn..." she said, hoping the woman wouldn't notice the nervousness in her voice or the lack of passion for the job in which she demanded of her. 

"It is a pleasure to meet you both, Hydra and Jarillo. I am Katya Noir." she bowed to them, pleased to be in the presence of the alpha and the guardian of the mountain. It seemed lady luck really was shining down on her with blessings today. She wondered if they were related or mated for life--she would find out in due time, it seemed the male had more interest in where she had come from and what led her to the mountain. "My previous home was on the flat lands, open to the threat of intruders of all walks of life and very close minded. I have always dreamed of being on a mountain, high and imposing to all who approach it." she said, emotions swelling within her. The mountain was a symbol of everything she wasn't and everything she could aspire to be, that is if she could face her fears head on. She fell silent finally, wondering what the male would think of her response.
I have returned back to work full time and am also taking care of a newborn so bare with me in regard to replies. I will make it a priority to reply to threads at least within a week, if you have concerns do not hesitate to PM me and I can make our thread a higher priority. Posts are typically responded to by the weekend!
Messages In This Thread
in the land of not quite day - by Jarilo - November 25, 2019, 12:51 AM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Katya Noir - November 25, 2019, 10:45 AM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Hydra - November 25, 2019, 11:10 PM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Jarilo - November 25, 2019, 11:40 PM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Katya Noir - November 27, 2019, 12:25 AM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Hydra - November 27, 2019, 09:55 AM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Jarilo - December 01, 2019, 02:46 AM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Katya Noir - December 02, 2019, 12:36 PM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Hydra - December 02, 2019, 12:56 PM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Jarilo - December 03, 2019, 12:16 AM
RE: in the land of not quite day - by Katya Noir - December 03, 2019, 01:49 PM