Swiftcurrent Creek please say you love me · pack meeting
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Sorry for the late reply. :) Final posts - unless @Njal sneaks in with some extra conversation and you want to stick around for it, otherwise feel free to have your character leave.

Kieran piped up and a soft whine escaped Paarthurnax, but apart from that, no-one responded to Njal's request - the pack waited with bated breath for Bazi to say something. What could she say? Voicing her gut reaction was out of the question - it was pure vitriol, of entirely selfish birth and a potential death sentence for the couple's pups. Leave now, don't come back, you treacherous, selfish deserters!

But Bazi loved those pups. Feisty little Maera and Jökull with her attitude, and those precious little boys. The very idea of sending them into the world with less than two guardians apiece hurt her heart.

On the other hand, letting them go would mean the founding of a rival pack - as Fox had done with the Sunspire. At least she had been in control of that situation; was Bazi simply to watch a strong, tight-knit pack with two experienced wolves at its helm set up camp on her doorstep? She met Njal's kind gaze, heard the warmth in his voice. It would be an easy thing to help them now, in the height of summer, but what would happen in the winter?

Finally, with Scimitar's nose pressed firmly against her cheek, the young alpha found her voice. It was stronger than she could have hoped for.

"We'll help you." If she didn't, those children would die - and their parents' hearts would surely stop beating in the same instance. "For those gorgeous pups of yours, on their first, very long journey." Here, her stark blue eyes moved between the two future leaders. Her meaning was clear, though it took every strength to keep grief from buckling her resolve. It edged her voice like frost. Those sweet little creatures would grow and so would the Sveijarn family - but it could not happen within range of the Bazi's pack, and her family. It did not matter how desperately she wanted Tuwawi to be within howling range at all times, because when the last leaf fell and the earth grew stingy with her gifts, the two packs would become rivals - like every other group of predators in the Teekon Wilds. "We'll work out the details of it later - Kieran, I'll remember that you volunteered. Thank you - everyone. You can go."
Messages In This Thread
please say you love me · pack meeting - by Bazi - August 02, 2014, 12:45 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Njal - August 02, 2014, 02:51 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Kaskara - August 02, 2014, 03:13 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Galileo - August 02, 2014, 03:39 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Shadow - August 02, 2014, 06:04 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Scimitar - August 03, 2014, 04:03 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Star - August 05, 2014, 05:14 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Razo - August 06, 2014, 08:31 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Bazi - August 07, 2014, 06:43 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Galileo - August 07, 2014, 06:34 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Shadow - August 07, 2014, 10:58 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Njal - August 08, 2014, 01:35 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Kieran - August 10, 2014, 09:17 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Star - August 11, 2014, 07:55 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Scimitar - August 11, 2014, 12:06 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Kaskara - August 12, 2014, 11:42 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Bazi - August 12, 2014, 03:49 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Galileo - August 13, 2014, 09:15 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Shadow - August 13, 2014, 11:12 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Kaskara - August 14, 2014, 09:35 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Star - August 16, 2014, 12:36 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Scimitar - August 17, 2014, 10:47 AM