Sunbeam Lair a longer table, not a taller fence
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kaori was silent whilst the other spoke, attentive. She heard of heaven before but it was a concept she did not fully understand—perhaps it was where those not in the favour of the dragons went when their time on this earth was no more. But that it had a voice to it was something new to her, Bhediya the first to tell of communicating with it, as well as the first to call it a them as opposed to a place.

And for that reason, she wished her children to reside there.

The dragoness’ gaze drifted towards her abdomen; whether she fully understood the other woman’s reasoning or not mattered little at this point, given that hatchlings were to be involved. Meeting her eyes once more, she said, “I do not know about this heaven that you speak of but... if you feel something within this cavern, I can understand wishing for your hatchlings to feel it, too.” Was that not why her own mother remained there? And then why she also returned to her true home, when Airi decided to vanish?

“I would like to stay here, as well,” she admitted shortly thereafter. “I have not been blessed with hatchlings of my own but I would like to do right by my family by staying here, nevertheless.” Perhaps, should it still remain, she might take up residence within her mother’s former hideaway—she wondered if any of the herbs remained, although the logical side of her brain insisted the years away would have rotted them by now.
Messages In This Thread
a longer table, not a taller fence - by Bhediya - January 12, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Kaori - January 12, 2020, 02:19 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Bhediya - January 12, 2020, 02:27 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Kaori - January 12, 2020, 02:38 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Bhediya - January 12, 2020, 02:46 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Kaori - January 12, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Bhediya - January 12, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Kaori - January 12, 2020, 03:31 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Bhediya - January 12, 2020, 03:40 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Kaori - January 12, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Bhediya - January 12, 2020, 04:01 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Kaori - January 12, 2020, 04:12 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Bhediya - January 12, 2020, 04:18 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Kaori - January 12, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Bhediya - January 12, 2020, 04:50 PM
RE: a longer table, not a taller fence - by Kaori - January 12, 2020, 05:07 PM