Wapun Meadow i am a question to the world
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Sorry for the wait!

It was easy to perceptive that Elijah could scarcely contain his joy, suppressing wiggles in the tuft of multicolored wildflowers. Truly he was a greenhorn through and through, but Tuwawi did not mind. Too often the recent days had been soured by tense words between comrades, and this yearling's fresh sentiments were as enjoyable as the meadow around them.

Yet, just because her companion was young didn't mean he was daft, and Elijah easily picked up on the ember's worries. His observations were astute, putting two and two together to glean the essence of Tuwawi's troubles. There were many things on her mind... moving from Swiftcurrent, the lynx that had attacked her, summer's end and winter's beginning, how her relationship with Bazi would fare... but, for Elijah's sake, she kept things brief. The teenager didn't need to know or understand the complex tribulations about his soon-to-be pack or its members. Swiftcurrent acted like the creek for which it was named. The water always flowed, and new currents from the North constantly replenished more tarnished shores. He was sure to learn in time.

"Mm... the other day, I was scouting the North when a lynx attacked me," she told Elijah, appreciative of his concern. "Thankfully, another wolf was nearby and chased him off. It's unusual behavior... usually the small cats just keep to themselves," Tuwawi mulled, thinking about how the quiet bobcat was usually dwarfed by its more aggressive cousin, the cougar. Perhaps the attack meant than there were many felines roaming the mountains... or mothers with kits nearby. The natural rivalry between wolf and cat would eventually come to a head, but the Sveijarn mother did not want fangs to fall upon her family.

Her scared and slender face turned in the direction of the distant mountains, its peaks hidden from their position in the valley's cradle. An idea ruminated in her mind, and after a few moments did she dare propose it. "Tell me, Elijah... do you know how to use those fangs of yours?" she asked, unsure if the youth had any mind about him when it came to battle. "I want to go back there and scout the cats' trails... but going alone would be a bit risky," there was no telling if another stranger could, or would, come to the rescue again. "I don't intend to hunt them... just survey their position and numbers. I don't need another mark on my hide," she stated with a wry grin, the raw skin on her muzzle tightening. Her intentions were clear, and the offer was made. Perhaps she could teach him a thing or two about scouting and forge an unbiased friendship over their travels. Killing two birds with one stone was always preferred.
currently sports a radio collar around her neck. 
Messages In This Thread
i am a question to the world - by Elijah Piers - August 05, 2014, 06:17 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Tuwawi RIP - August 05, 2014, 09:02 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Elijah Piers - August 05, 2014, 10:11 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Elijah Piers - August 05, 2014, 11:21 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Elijah Piers - August 07, 2014, 05:15 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Tuwawi RIP - August 05, 2014, 11:05 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Tuwawi RIP - August 06, 2014, 10:43 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Tuwawi RIP - August 16, 2014, 03:07 PM
RE: i am a question to the world - by Tuwawi RIP - September 15, 2014, 08:47 AM