Swiftcurrent Creek all of my worries
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Paarthurnax waited patiently as Bazi paused to consider how to word her questions. She did find herself wondering why the pallid girl's mother had never informed her of such things, but then found herself considering the fact that she may not have had a mother for any real length of time. Not all wolves were as lucky in their childhood as Paar was. It was true that Nita held great pride for her many strong sons, but she treasured her daughters as well. And above all else, she taught them to respect and know their bodies - they would never be used as many Samarkand females were.

"Not everybody believes it, but in the early stages of pregnancy I find that girls have a certain glow," she flicked a velvet ear, trying to think of a better way to explain it; "like... their coats shine more than usual. They look healthier, even when they feel like crap from morning sickness." She smiled then, recalling how her mother had been violently ill throughout the first weeks of her final pregnancy with Arta, Vash and Sahloknir. "I've never been pregnant, but I guess some wolves just feel the changes of their bodies and simply... know. Everybody's different."

The bi-coloured medic eyed her leader curiously, uncertain if she understood or if her explanation even made sense. Pregnancy was something she'd never been particularly interested in until she came of age herself, and sought to learn about the changes of her own hormones. "You stay kinda big after the pups are born, for a few days to a couple of weeks. The uterus needs time to shrink, and you naturally gain a few pounds throughout the pregnancy - reserves used to make milk when the pups are born. You may or may not shed those quickly while suckling them, again, it depends on the individual."
Messages In This Thread
all of my worries - by Bazi - August 17, 2014, 05:38 AM
RE: all of my worries - by Paarthurnax - August 17, 2014, 06:42 AM
RE: all of my worries - by Bazi - August 17, 2014, 10:27 AM
RE: all of my worries - by Paarthurnax - August 17, 2014, 10:49 AM
RE: all of my worries - by Bazi - August 17, 2014, 12:44 PM
RE: all of my worries - by Paarthurnax - August 17, 2014, 02:48 PM
RE: all of my worries - by Bazi - August 17, 2014, 05:21 PM
RE: all of my worries - by Paarthurnax - August 18, 2014, 12:12 PM
RE: all of my worries - by Bazi - August 23, 2014, 06:09 AM
RE: all of my worries - by Paarthurnax - August 24, 2014, 03:12 PM
RE: all of my worries - by Bazi - August 24, 2014, 08:00 PM