Blacktail Deer Plateau Calling by stormlight
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
I'm going to squeeze my post in right here so that I don't have to reply to myself every round. xD

Koontz stood watch on her ledge, her icy blue eyes watching the storm encroach beyond the mountains to the south and west. She heard the roll of thunder in the distance and smiled wanly, her tail swaying. When it suddenly struck something solid, she started and glanced sideways to find that Ray had silently flanked her. He grinned when he saw her reaction and she growled playfully and nipped at the side of his neck.

"Don't sneak up on me like that," she said reproachfully. Before she could say anything else, she saw Ray stiffen. She blinked, then followed his gaze to the foot of the plateau. At the same time, lightning stitched its way across the dark sky. For a split second, everything was as bright as day and she could see three distinct figures skulking in the direction of their borders.

"Let's go," she said quietly, nudging Ray and then slinking past him. She paused at the head of the path that descended to their borders and waited for him to fall into step beside her, then trotted downward to meet the trio. En route, she put on a severe display of dominance. There was no telling who they were or what they wanted. They could simply be wanderers or otherwise benign visitors. Yet something about the timing of their approach made her uneasy. She didn't trust their intentions.

As they came closer and Koontz picked up on two familiar scents, she almost froze in her tracks. Vilocity! she thought with a sneer of disgust. Had that overgrown child brought back reinforcements to exact some sort of petty, undue revenge? What's Pied doing with her?! she thought next, exchanging a startled glance with her litter mate. Ray looked unsettled but when he caught her troubled expression, he quirked a brow questioningly.

"It's that trespasser I told you about," Koontz said even as Ray asked, "Is that Pied?" They lapsed into sudden silence, then the Alpha spoke again. "Yes, that's definitely Pied. And one of the two others is Vilocity, the wolf who came here and harassed myself and Yildun. What the hell are they doing here together, I'd like to know?" she questioned out loud. Ray's look answered her: There's only one way to find out.

When the Redleaf-DiSarinno pair emerged within view of the trio, Koontz's pale eyes immediately sought Pied. The three appeared to be having a heated discussion. The Alpha female heard Vilocity insult the others, inferring that they were weak. Koontz felt every silver hair on her body stand on end as she then locked eyes with Vilocity. Although she had a lot of questions she wanted to ask, it seemed there wouldn't be time for talking, as Vilocity began to growl immediately.

Infuriated by Vilocity's presence here and doubly so by the way she talked to her own companions, Koontz didn't think before she lunged at the large black she-wolf. "I told you to stay away from my lands, you petty, juvenile bitch," she hissed between her teeth as she snapped her jaws at Vilocity, not even sure herself if she intended it as a bluff or if she intended to land the hit.
Messages In This Thread
Calling by stormlight - by Pied - October 09, 2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Hawkeye - October 09, 2013, 02:31 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Koontz - October 09, 2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Cuan - October 11, 2013, 07:18 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Pied - October 11, 2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Yildun - October 12, 2013, 09:02 AM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Hawkeye - October 14, 2013, 02:41 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Koontz - October 14, 2013, 03:10 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Pied - October 22, 2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Hawkeye - November 11, 2013, 01:42 PM
RE: Calling by stormlight - by Koontz - November 11, 2013, 02:17 PM