Swiftcurrent Creek splinter cell
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
And thus, with his head raised attentively and every sense attuned to his surroundings, the pale girl came forth. She seemed eager enough to be in his company, and Njal felt his tail give a satisfied twitch at this thought; but the words that met his ears made the motion freeze, and his tail hang limply to his hocks.

"I've assigned Danica to you, to help," she called to him over the waving grass. "Provided her shoulder heals up."

Njal heard this and his ears twitched, but other than that, the warden gave little attention to the information. He was pleased to have aid, of course. It had been his words at the meeting - requesting help from their able-bodied friends and family - that had wooed Bazi's opinion. But he still felt a bit stale at the pronouncement. Like he was taking something vital, stealing something which he had no right to. His voice rumbled a blase, "Thank you," but he was only standing on ceremony now; being polite to a leader who would not be his leader for long.

They had been close. Friends, at the very least. Hunting partners - the three of them, really. Himself, Bazi, Danica, routing foxes in lieu of the birth of the pups. And now what? Njal couldn't help but think that something had been irrevocably damaged at the meeting. He moved suddenly, taking a few swift strides in order to drag himself closer to the white girl. Njal watched her for a moment, studying the familiarity of her face.

"I am sorry that the request came out the way it did." He wasn't apologizing for Tuwawi's eagerness, but it sort of felt like that. As the words came out, Njal tried to steady his thoughts. "But I am thankful that you are helping us. You are family to me, and to Tuwawi," There was warmth there, in his words. "You will always be welcome to visit us and the children."
Messages In This Thread
splinter cell - by RIP Njal - August 18, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: splinter cell - by Bazi - August 23, 2014, 04:54 PM
RE: splinter cell - by RIP Njal - August 24, 2014, 09:20 PM