Sawtooth Spire i'm heading straight for the castle
7 Posts
Ooc —
Wylla seemed more than willing to offer her knowledge, indicating to him the flatter ground further up the mountain. The grey male's eyes narrowed as he peered through the falling rain towards the higher peaks, no doubt located deeper within their territory. Greyson offered a polite nod towards @Wylla and paused to allow Wintersbane to walk in front of him if he so wished, before slipping in to follow obediently behind the dark female. 

The rocks were slippery as they ascended the ridge, forcing Greyson to take care of his footing, however eventually the murky depths of the valley could be sighted. Silver eyes scanned the terrain with interest. The forests were too thick to offer much chances of him catching anything, especially not a hare. The rivers were high with the heavy rainfall, a danger to small animals capable of being swept away. That left the valley basin itself, where the land was relatively flat and few obstacles stood in his way. That was where he would have the best chance of chasing down a meal, so upon Wylla's instuction for him to lead, Greyson was quick to chose the path which snaked down to the valley.

Leaving the harsh rock for a softer grass terrain, Greyson's behaviour changed. He loped forwards, keeping a low profile as his nose inhaled the air around him for any scent of hares located deeper in the valley. Silver eyes also remained sharp, despite the rain, searching for any flash of white fur against the darker backdrop of the mountain valley. Eventually he picked up the faint scent of some fresh droppings, tracking them down with his nose to the ground was more of a challenge. The rain had dispersed the scent, making it harder for the male to close in on it. Eventually though, he stumbled across them, and determined that they were fresh enough that the hare was probably somewhere close by. 

He froze then, lifting his head to search the valley slopes nearby. All he needed was a glimpse of white fur and—Greyson darted off to the right and moved in a quick lope towards one side of the valley, closing the distance between him and the adult hare he had just spotted. He had the hare locked in his sights, though no doubt it would soon spot him and he would need to give chase.
Messages In This Thread
i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 03, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 03, 2020, 11:42 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 03, 2020, 01:37 PM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 05, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 06, 2020, 03:18 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 12, 2020, 08:54 PM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Greyson - May 14, 2020, 05:25 AM
RE: i'm heading straight for the castle - by Wylla - May 15, 2020, 05:29 PM