Greatwater Lake we creatures of the sea
2 Posts
Ooc — Norniff
The Neophyte hadn't strayed too far from Akantha's side since leaving Themiscyra Coast, and had remained quiet during most proceedings. She was shy out of forced habit; as much as Acorn would have loved to take a more active role in the branch's formation, she couldn't bring herself to. At least until a call from Aktaiê rang out over the lake, waking Acorn from fitful slumber.

Acorn had flopped down to sleep beneath the willow's protection a few feet from Akantha, albeit on the opposite side of its trunk. Yawning widely, the Neophyte's ears twitched in the direction of the song. The young woman didn't even have time to blink the sleep from her eyes before the Adept adjacent to her was howling in response, which led Acorn to flinch away from the noise. At least I'm not shaking, the odd-eyed girl mused with a sleepy smile, now unconcerned by Akantha's ruckus. For once, Acorn's smile had come naturally.

It only occurred to her after another newcomer, and then another, joined the song that perhaps it was Acorn's place to do so as well. Rising to her feet slowly, Acorn out from under the willow's cover and then cautiously raised her snout to the sky. She tried to push her fears to the back of her mind.

I'm home, she thought, I won't mess up.

The sound that escaped Acorn's vocal chords was soft at first, a low note not unlike a loud hum. Then, as the odd-eyed girl caught Mother Moon's pearly gaze, a distinct call rang out from her throat. A swearing of loyalty to the sisters and her new matriarch; to the culture she'd escaped to.

The kind of song she'd heard off in the distance as a child; howls that had come from the "god-forsaken harpies." From Themiscyra Coast. From home.
Messages In This Thread
we creatures of the sea - by Aktaiê - August 26, 2014, 11:15 PM
RE: we creatures of the sea - by Akantha - August 27, 2014, 12:04 AM
RE: we creatures of the sea - by Cethleann Darroch - August 27, 2014, 07:39 AM
RE: we creatures of the sea - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 08:38 AM
RE: we creatures of the sea - by Acorn - August 27, 2014, 12:05 PM
RE: we creatures of the sea - by ZC20 - August 27, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: we creatures of the sea - by RIP Atlas - August 27, 2014, 09:58 PM
RE: we creatures of the sea - by Greyjoy Orkwood - August 28, 2014, 09:02 PM