Blacktail Deer Plateau broken bones
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
His child's words hurt him indeed, stinging his pride to boot. He felt a rush of anger and almost said something he might regret later, yet clenched his teeth against any hot words. He could barely believe this was happening. Weeks ago, he'd thought he'd lost her... and then she'd come home. Now she was leaving again of her own volition. He thought he'd have so much more time with her. And though she was convinced that his future children would somehow replace her, Peregrine wished she knew just how much he'd always miss her, even if he had two dozen more puppies.

"You've made your bed," he murmured disappointedly as Junior turned and summoned her new cohorts. He stood very still while he waited, saying nothing to his little girl. He looked at her, then away. She could've been his heir, though truthfully, he doubted Fox would approve of that. She would want one of her own children to step into that role. Perhaps Osprey wasn't entire incorrect in feeling out of place with the redhead at the helm...

Two she-wolves came. They looked like sisters. Their mannerisms and speech were very formal. Before he could address them, a wild Fox appeared. Although it might have been easy to place blame on her for her part in all of this, he couldn't bring himself to resent the choices he and Fox had made. They were a pair, an Alpha pair now. He hated that Junior was essentially making him choose between them, as it was an impossible choice. He was just grateful for his wife's support.

"I am Peregrine," the Alpha male said at last, "and this is my mate, Fox. We are the Alphas of Blacktail Deer Plateau, Junior's birthplace and rightful home. She's just told me that she's pledged herself to you," he said, looking specifically at Aktaiê. He hated her instantly, on principle. "Tell me why you want to take such a young child from her home, when you're not her family, when you're veritable strangers." If she'd wanted to go with Hawkeye, that would've been one thing and her choice entirely. But it was different because none of them knew these women. "Tell me what it is you stand for and where you intend to take her. She is my daughter," he added in case they didn't think it was any of his business to make such demands.
Messages In This Thread
broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 09:27 AM
RE: broken bones - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 27, 2014, 09:34 AM
RE: broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 09:39 AM
RE: broken bones - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 27, 2014, 09:47 AM
RE: broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 09:57 AM
RE: broken bones - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 27, 2014, 10:06 AM
RE: broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 10:18 AM
RE: broken bones - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 27, 2014, 11:27 AM
RE: broken bones - by Junior - August 27, 2014, 11:35 AM
RE: broken bones - by Aktaiê - August 27, 2014, 12:13 PM
RE: broken bones - by ZC20 - August 27, 2014, 12:18 PM