Lion Head Mesa Pangur Bán and I at work
33 Posts
Ooc —
Silently, he composed his thoughts about his newest kingdom, gazing out over the misty horizon which sprawled at his feet and in a function purely feline, he came to the conclusion that everything he saw was therefore his claim. As a rational beast, though, he knew that defending the mesa would be more than enough for him- what with it seemingly being a sought-after location- so the dragonspine ridges of mountains at his flanks could wait to be explored (and possibly claimed) another day. 

He considered the size of his previous foe, and found himself wondering how much success the male had had at attracting females to mate on this lonesome incline, and figured that it was more lilely than not that he'd found none. He'd been young, inexperienced, and likely claiming this place simply because he hadn't been challenged for it before. Females would likely dwell more commonly in the larger mountain ranges- but he wouldn't have to worry about them until winter. He could spend his summer here, free of torment or challenge, and fatten himself up for the next breeding season. 

But that would depend on how many other carnivores visited his turf, and he watched as one in particular made her way up the incline toward him. She seemed to have caught his scent, as she was more or less following his trail- a peculiar thought, that- but as he stayed quiet still and silent on his perch, he assumed that she hadn't spotted him yet. He bit his tongue as he watched her draw closer and closer- until she came to the point where he had begun marking the mesa as his territory. Dogs; how much dumber could they get? There she was, standing just below him. He could simply drop down upon her in an instant, pin her and grab the back of her neck and be done with it. But given his recent success at claiming a territory, he was in a decent mood. 

"Given the fact you are the very first to trespass into my territory," He began, speaking with a tone that was both velvety and articulate, knowing that he would likely startle her. He hoped to; he wanted to use her surprise to his advantage. He stood up and looked down at her with a calm, gaze, though the tip of his tail twitched, hinting at a more mercurial side of his personality. "I'm inclined to grant you forgiveness- so long as you turn and leave, now." He said, accenting the last word with a hiss, and crouching to illustrate just how ready he was to pounce- and send her away with a brutal reminder of how impolite it was to ignore a territory's boundaries.
Messages In This Thread
Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - June 20, 2020, 05:20 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - June 22, 2020, 05:22 AM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - June 22, 2020, 11:01 AM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - June 23, 2020, 10:58 AM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - June 23, 2020, 02:10 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - June 23, 2020, 02:46 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - June 27, 2020, 10:15 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - June 28, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - July 10, 2020, 12:15 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Vanity - July 11, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: Pangur Bán and I at work - by Virtute - July 11, 2020, 02:01 PM