Hoshor Plains can you help me unravel my latest mistake
11 Posts
Ooc — Florian
There was something lovely about total destruction. Sure, it could be tragic. It could be awful, all-consuming and vicious, relentless and unmerciful. It could tear at one's heartstrings until they were threads and leave them feeling bare and exposed to the touch of the unknown. But it could also be renewing. It could cleanse the slate, wipe clean all previous blemishes and create space for all that was to come next. It could steal one's familiarity and thrust them into freedom, challenging them to make something out of nothing, challenging them to become...to become.
Aleister's destruction was lovely. 

He'd been whittled down 'till not a bone in his body could take withstand another moment, no matter how fleeting, of the knowing. He couldn't take the familiarity and the stability- the static life he had grown and plateaued into. So he had left. He had totally destroyed his connection to all familarity, and had gone. And the destruction had been stunning. It had stolen the breath from his lungs and blown it right back into him, given him a new will to become. And here he is, becoming. 

Well, on his way to becoming, at least. If he wants to become he's gonna have to get past these damn plains. But they stretch and stretch as long as the eye can see, a vast sea of grass and sky and he's not so sure he'll ever make it past them. The alabaster boy continues in his slow trot, slim legs carrying him through the open fields as his eyes continue to rake over the land. It hits him in that moment that even this view, which seems to replicate itself every few strides, could not possibly be as monotonous as his life had felt before he left. A new appreciation blooms in the boy and just as he begins to follow the train of thought, the view is no longer dull.

His keen eyes fixate on the foreign motion immediately, his own coming to a swift stop. It's a...a something. A medium-sized figure, cloaked in oak tones and pacing in the opposite direction of Aleister. They're far enough away that he supposes he'd be able to make it out in time should they be hostile, and that fact is enough to make up his mind. The pale boy turns to face fully the direction of the other, and chuffs softly, at a stop but prepared to make a run for it should things get out of hand.
Sorry this got so long! It's his introductory post so I figured I had to add a little something to it<3
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。We accept the love we think we deserve .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。
Messages In This Thread
can you help me unravel my latest mistake - by Fern - July 10, 2020, 01:40 PM
RE: can you help me unravel my latest mistake - by Aleister - July 11, 2020, 06:40 PM