Duskfire Glacier A secret isn't a secret if I know
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
No problem! Just thought I'd clear that up. :)

His howl died upon the air, but the sound was met by another voice - one that left no doubt in his mind about the stranger who had come so near. Njal would always be able to recognize the sound of Jace (although he was a bit annoyed at himself for not cluing in to the boy's smell sooner), and felt a new wave of irritation alight his spine with filigrees of pointed silver. He would not leave the pack's borders, but the Alpha did begin scrutinizing the edge of the land that they had claimed. Was it really so easy for the Sunspire fool to have come all this way? Could they get no peace at all from the threat that they posed? Njal dragged his paws across the soil as he launched in to a run, and then abandoned marking the edge for good - at least for the next little while. He wanted to track down Jace and get some answers.

The Alpha was oblivious to what Jace felt, just as the dark wolf was oblivious to Njal's inner feelings. He had no hatred for the foolish boy within him. Irritation, maybe. Frustration at the never-ending drama that always unfolded when the warrior was around, yes. But not hate; at least not the same kind of distaste that Bazi felt towards her old friend. Njal came to an abrupt stop with his roaming strides when the other wolf came in to view, but he did not advance upon him. Instead, Njal simply stood and watched him - keeping an eye on that dark silhouette if he dared to try his luck with the borders again. There was some distance between them still; an entire horizon of unexplored terrain.

Across the rolling field of green, Njal's voice bellowed just as sternly as his howl: "You'd better get back to your precious mountain, Jace. And never set foot near here again." It was a threat, a real threat, and Njal wasn't afraid to state it plainly. He wanted to keep his family safe so he had uprooted them and moved all the way in to the north - he felt no fear in bringing his anger out now, while Jace was alone and far from home. The mountain was no threat to them any longer.
Messages In This Thread
A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 27, 2014, 03:45 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 27, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 28, 2014, 12:16 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 29, 2014, 06:30 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 29, 2014, 06:42 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 29, 2014, 07:11 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 29, 2014, 07:23 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 29, 2014, 07:36 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 29, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 29, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 30, 2014, 08:52 AM