Blacktail Deer Plateau somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
60 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Umi remembered how hard it had been at first to hunt. Deer were quick creatures, and had sprinting power and agility that was often far beyond her own energy. It was exceptionally rare, perhaps twice that she remembered, that she had caught a deer after giving chase. Generally, all of the venison she had ever eaten was caught with the ambush and quick-kill method that her mother had taught her. The cat wondered if the fine-framed wolf had had a mother to teach her how to hunt. How exactly did wolves survive in such great numbers?

Umi looked at herself, or at least, tried to, straining her neck to look at her backside. She had certainly grown considerably from her childhood. She could feel her shoulder muscles tense with each subtle movement. Mostly, though, she recalled her mother, and how formidable she looked. Umi wondered if she might look the same to this little wolf.

Oh, she said, rather taken aback. You don't look weak to me, she said, and it was true. You're a whole lot bigger than a fox or a coyote even. The cat gestured up and down at Eleuthera's greatness. She seemed perfectly tuned for running and leaping. We're just different, she added. Though it was an obvious statement, it was rather fitting for the situation. She sat, grinning, pleased with herself.
Messages In This Thread
RE: somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond - by Umi - July 21, 2020, 01:01 AM