Firefly Glen And a Song Well-Sung is a Sung-Well Song So Sing
11 Posts
Ooc — Florian
So sorry for the wait! Been busy lately and haven't been able to give Gawain's threads much love. Also, this is on mobile, my apologies for any mistakes.

Gawain's mind had slipped back into its tumultuous place by the time Toad spoke again, and he blinked quickly, shoulders tensing up as he startled. He stood and wagged as she told him to, and a small smile graced his maw when he found it was perfectly clear of burrs. 

Yes um...Thanks. You are kind, and I appreciate that. I do- I really must be on my way, a twinge of guilt smarted in the young wolf as he observed the friendly face once more, his tail wagging in appreciation this time. I hope...I hope your travels are blessed, that you...you may find your family, he continued, eyes flicking from the ground back to the woman's face several times before it settled to fix on her shoulder. 

She had been gracious to Gawain despite his reservations, and he wasn't quite sure how he could express his thanks to her when he would flee the moment after- he didn't want to seem disingenuous, after all. In a spur of the moment decision, the yearling stepped forward briefly to touch his nose to the other's neck momentarily, a means of greeting where he'd come from- though he supposed it could very well serve as a goodbye in this situation. He pulled away from the touch with a fleeting glance to the woman before turning on his heel and beginning to pad off- slowly enough that he might hear any last words of goodbye the woman might spare him.