Phantom Hollow my heart is spinning
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
She kept going, slowly enough.. one soggy step after the next through what felt like a drab woodlot even on a good day. It didn't occur to her by scent that she was not alone any longer, she had been too focused on all the wrong things not to notice. The strange note of baritone drew her eyes his way, and revealed a long, feline body--entirely unexpected, and she realized she had never looked one over quite so thoroughly. Tension shot through her immediately, her paws stopped, jaw just slack enough for her expression to register nothing but pure confusion before she sunk into some battle-readied stance. But, had he just invited her to cover? And asked her if she was going somewhere? She watched his tail, then back to his cat-face with a swift glance, while her instincts were saying go.

Truth be told, she had never lingered long enough to chat with one such beast. It was bears that were her finest foes, true, but through her father's tellings, these could be hellish creatures. Ambush predators, at their worst. Territorial hunters as well. Bad news. Distrust colored her mismatched gaze, once surprise had begun to let up and she still couldn't get out an answer for him besides: I have never heard a cat offer me shade before, she had to say, the wary look about her remaining as she held her ground.

As her hackles threatened to give rise, she suddenly heard her name in a voice she did recognize, which startled her in a new direction where for an instant, she wondered if she was simply dreaming. Dissociated already before this, she wouldn't outright admit, but this was much to take in, suddenly. Wanheda..! she barked back, surprised to see her too as she joined up beside her, but this came as a relief. I.. the sofstepa.. don as... she murmured with a low hiss, though the thought remained incomplete, replaced with all of her unease as she eyed him. Physically, his kind registered as threat. Behavior.. not yet, not when he spoke of cringe and and offering shade--very benign matters.
Messages In This Thread
my heart is spinning - by Opalia - August 07, 2020, 01:01 AM
RE: my heart is spinning - by Benry - August 08, 2020, 09:08 AM
RE: my heart is spinning - by RIP Praimfaya - August 08, 2020, 05:14 PM
RE: my heart is spinning - by Opalia - August 10, 2020, 02:48 PM
RE: my heart is spinning - by Benry - August 14, 2020, 08:34 AM
RE: my heart is spinning - by RIP Praimfaya - August 15, 2020, 05:16 AM
RE: my heart is spinning - by Opalia - August 25, 2020, 02:55 PM
RE: my heart is spinning - by RIP Praimfaya - September 05, 2020, 01:50 PM
RE: my heart is spinning - by Opalia - September 07, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: my heart is spinning - by RIP Praimfaya - September 10, 2020, 02:45 PM
RE: my heart is spinning - by Opalia - September 10, 2020, 04:41 PM