no time here in space
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —

Týrr was not usually awake quite so early. The Rekkr was not a fan of oversleeping, because it made him feel lazy and sluggish if he allowed himself to sleep in past a certain time. Nevertheless, Týrr turned off his wandering thoughts for the moment, allowing his attention — all of his attention — to focus upon the other Glacier man as the gray man approached and stopped when they were about a wolf's length away from one another. The man whose name he did not know returned his greeting with a groggy 'morning', his voice still laced with the traces of sleep. A sheepish expression stole over the Rekkr's face as he contemplated that his spoken words might have woken up his companion. So wrapped up in the revelation of it Týrr had not realized that anyone had chosen to sleep so close to his favored spot. He had no proof that such was the case, of course, but he felt the guilt for not being more considerate to his fellow pack mates. Having this land no occupied by more than himself and occasionally Tuwawi was an adjustment.

I apologize if I woke you, Týrr spoke with soft chagrin, not wanting to make any excuses for himself. It didn't matter that he was used to being alone now, having traveled as such for so long — or at least since he left Swiftcurrent Creek unable to bring himself to return to Odinn's Cove while his rampant uncle ruled it. No, Týrr shook his head and spoke again in a softer, reassuring tone, — no, you're not intruding. He hoped that speaking the epiphany out loud didn't make him look like he was in the habit of speaking to himself. It is Icelandic. It is my native tongue, Týrr admitted with a slightly sheepish smile tugging at the edges of his lips. In my culture we don't really have surnames but sometimes nicknames can be adapted to serve a similar purpose. Nýeldur is my...adapted surname. It means new fire. Fitting I think given that it shares part of Duskfire Glacier's name. He explained with a wiry smile. He likened that he sounded very unorthodox but he was pleased. It was odd but it was his and he cherished the gift from Freyja and Frigg. Especially given that he had never really had “interaction” with the Gods in his dreams as Ragnar did.

I'm Týrr, by the way. He offered his pack mate his name since he hadn't had a chance to do it before.

he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - August 28, 2014, 04:09 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Malachi - August 29, 2014, 11:35 AM
RE: no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - August 29, 2014, 03:14 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Malachi - August 30, 2014, 05:12 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - September 01, 2014, 09:07 AM
RE: no time here in space - by Malachi - September 03, 2014, 11:20 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - September 05, 2014, 08:03 AM
RE: no time here in space - by Malachi - September 07, 2014, 09:30 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - September 11, 2014, 10:42 AM