Broken Antler Fen when we drive
XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
Henryk couldn't have expected the intensity of the fervor that was to follow his simple question. He'd unknowingly ignited a fire under the mysterious stranger, triggering an outpouring of anecdotes from their troubled youth with their amber eyes ablaze with passion for the subject. He came to understand that the unknown they spoke of was a sort of malevolent entity, one that would take over a poor soul and cause them to lose themselves over time, even turning on their own kin in madness and dooming them to a similar fate. The prospect of such an unseeable force (that was only one of many) was, quite frankly, horrifying to a wolf who'd never had the unlucky fortune of encountering it. Henryk's first response to this frightening unknown was to be skeptical. He more or less had to be.

Yet still, by the end of their tale, Henryk felt himself with his mouth agape. As the silence fell once more he became more in tune with the drumming of his heart in his ears. The energy between them had taken another turn and this time... The earthen man greatly considered his response.

Then... I'm glad to be blind of them. Perhaps an ignorant and dismissive answer, but an honest one. I've seen evil before but... I've felt none of it here. Least not yet. And by the gods, he'd really like to keep it that way.
Messages In This Thread
when we drive - by Henryk - September 26, 2020, 05:20 PM
RE: when we drive - by Mephistopheles - September 26, 2020, 10:58 PM
RE: when we drive - by Henryk - September 26, 2020, 11:22 PM
RE: when we drive - by Mephistopheles - September 26, 2020, 11:46 PM
RE: when we drive - by Henryk - September 27, 2020, 07:56 AM
RE: when we drive - by Mephistopheles - September 27, 2020, 01:13 PM
RE: when we drive - by Henryk - September 27, 2020, 02:49 PM
RE: when we drive - by Mephistopheles - September 27, 2020, 03:26 PM
RE: when we drive - by Henryk - September 27, 2020, 03:50 PM
RE: when we drive - by Mephistopheles - September 27, 2020, 04:57 PM
RE: when we drive - by Henryk - September 27, 2020, 07:20 PM