no time here in space
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
I've just started a new school year, so I apologize for any late replies. I sense they are bound to come D:

Malachi shifted his weight as he heard the soft chime of guilt in his packmate's apology and wished in that moment he'd given more thought to his resting place. When he'd felt the pull of exhaustion the night before, he'd simply done what he'd done for the past three moons: curl up on spot and sleep. He realized now he should have given more thought to the earthen boy, who he knew had chosen a spot nearby, and Malachi decided he would find a different place to sleep that night so his packmate could rest at ease.

But the guilt soon faded from the boy's voice, and Malachi felt his own guilt begin to fade to the back of his mind as the earthen male gave more of an answer to his question than Malachi had anticipated. He tried not to look too eager: the Kalderon had very little experience with cultures other than his own, so this glimpse into the youth's was something very new, very strange and very curious. While his pack had tried not to boast in heritage, there had always been an undercurrent of pride borne by their surname. Not that they believed their family to be better. Simply, their surname testified to the deeds of their forefathers and was to be worn with honor and integrity. His surname had identified him and had encouraged him to walk in the the ways of his ancestors, and Malachi knew it still did and always would. But something intrigued Malachi at the earthen male's practices and perplexed him all the same. Whereas Malachi had inherited an identity with his surname, his packmate's self-appointed surname created one. Nýeldur. New fire. A new life and a blank slate. Could a wolf really just start over? Malachi felt a strange trill through his stomach at the thought.

"It is very fitting." came the sum of his thoughts, just before the earthen male gave him the rest of his name. Týrr Nýeldur. He mused briefly at its curious chime and for a second fell silent. Then, he realized he hadn't yet given Týrr his own name and quickly dipped his head as embarrassment burned his cheeks. "Ah, and my name's Malachi." He let his discomfort sift aside as he raised his eyes to look just past Týrr's. "So where are you from, then, if you speak Icelandic?"
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - August 28, 2014, 04:09 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Malachi - August 29, 2014, 11:35 AM
RE: no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - August 29, 2014, 03:14 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Malachi - August 30, 2014, 05:12 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - September 01, 2014, 09:07 AM
RE: no time here in space - by Malachi - September 03, 2014, 11:20 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - September 05, 2014, 08:03 AM
RE: no time here in space - by Malachi - September 07, 2014, 09:30 PM
RE: no time here in space - by Tezcacoatl - September 11, 2014, 10:42 AM