Blacktail Deer Plateau When the world turns ugly I just turn and look at you
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Open for anyone! Feel free to jump in anytime, I need to get more into practice with him

Bam. Dante shot awake, breath coming hard and mind disoriented. He got to his feet, legs shaky, and tried to steady his racing heart.

The nightmares were back.

He didn't remember much about them after waking, just the scent and taste of blood. And the joy. That horrible, wonderful rush. He knew that it was the blood that made it rise within him, his sleeping self reveling in the death that surrounded his consciousness. It was a memory, a long ago fight, blood staining the grass about him as he walked. Whose, he did not know. He had never felt such joy in another's suffering, not even when he was younger. But in dreams he was the monster he feared that he had been, the one he thought perhaps he may become again.

"Shit," he cursed softly, the word stumbling off his tongue awkwardly. He was not one to speak so harshly, but holy hell he had thought they were done. Since his rise to Beta, though, once again his sleep was plagued. He had started putting off sleep most nights, trying to wear himself out as much as possible before resting so that he was too tired to think, let alone dream. Sometimes it worked. Some it did not.

One thing was for sure; he wasn't getting more rest tonight. There was still some darkness left, but he rose, starting at a slow walk towards where the trees thinned. Mayhaps he'd do some stargazing until the sun chased them away. That would help to ease him, for he still felt shaken, his legs trembling and senses on high alert.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
Messages In This Thread
When the world turns ugly I just turn and look at you - by Dante RIP - September 05, 2014, 11:45 PM