Stavanger Bay More Dread (I.C. Joining)
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar was just getting back from a short outrider trip out to Neverwinter Forest when Thistle's howl rose into the cooling air for him. The content of his Queen Wife's howl was vague but there was a detected urgency to it — not a social call or a booty call but a demand for his presence. There was no hesitation within the scarred Northerner as he lunged forth, propelling himself through the heart of his Stavanger Bay all the way to the coast part of their home. The scent of the sea brine was strong, the salty breeze that roiled off the sea always present. It buffeted against him, kicking up sand as he went, eyes of Caribbean ice scanning the beach for any signs of his Queen Wife. Thistle had an unintentional habit of blending in with the hues of the sand. Despite her ability to camouflage well with the beach he found his fawn colored shield maiden soon enough, predator eyes locking on the dark mass at her paws.

At first, Ragnar did not identify it as canine for the curve of the creature's spine was to him. He didn't pin it as aquatic per say but initially Ragnar mistook it as a meal. A gift of meat from the Gods that had washed up upon their shore. As he slowed his approach, sensing no danger, he had began to plan out how much of the creature he would ration for Julooke, wanting to offer the heavily pregnant woman something as her Jarl. To let her know that he hadn't forgotten about her and that he anticipated the arrival of her family with Verrine. Ragnar liked children, only, he wasn't exactly sure how to best deal with small ones which was his present issue with his own, currently.

The closer Ragnar drew his mistake began to dawn on him as the dark mass began to take the form of a canine. For a dark instant the Viking considered dining upon it anyway, but dispelled those thoughts quickly. He wasn't that desperate, and was in no rush to add 'cannibal' to his growing list of names he'd been called in his life. Is it dead? Ragnar asked his wife without feeling, ready to let the sea claim it once more if it was.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN
Messages In This Thread
More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Mordred - September 04, 2014, 04:34 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Thistle Cloud - September 05, 2014, 04:10 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Ragnar - September 06, 2014, 07:20 AM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Mordred - September 06, 2014, 12:29 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Thistle Cloud - September 06, 2014, 12:40 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Ragnar - September 07, 2014, 09:21 AM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Mordred - September 07, 2014, 01:14 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Thistle Cloud - September 07, 2014, 10:11 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Ragnar - September 08, 2014, 07:33 AM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Mordred - September 08, 2014, 09:34 PM