Sea Lion Shores and like the sky my soul is also turning
47 Posts
Ooc —
She... Had a point. And as he realized this, the boy's ears briefly flitted back against his head. If she were to tell the others of his behavior then there would surely be punishment; perhaps the stripping of the rank he coveted so. Whatever mirth he had exacted at her expense was not worth being set back to being a mere drudge, and the entire point of Atlas being on this journey was to prove himself. His plan, therefore, had backfired - and he was indebted to the scheming wraith through her ability to blackmail. His posture sagged and drooped, and the confidence he had been showcasing was swiftly sucked away from him.

Why do they call you Atlas? she asked next, seemingly changing the subject now that a silent arrangement had been made. No more mischief from the consort. Ἄτλας is an old name, believed to have been carried by an ancient man of great strength. It was most likely given to me because of my size. He had always been one of the larger boys, which is precisely why he had been kept by the Nereides. He felt a great swell of pride as he thought of this, and briefly his posture alighted with confidence; but it was momentary, for once again he sank in the subserviant posture of his station.

Why are you called... Whatever you're called? He asked next, although it was clear that he was ignorant of her true name, for he hesitated before awkwardly phrasing the rest of his speech. He couldn't keep referring to her as wraith or wretch, as much as he'd like to.
Messages In This Thread
and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 05, 2014, 08:26 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by RIP Atlas - September 05, 2014, 10:03 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 05, 2014, 10:07 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by RIP Atlas - September 05, 2014, 10:16 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 05, 2014, 10:22 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by RIP Atlas - September 05, 2014, 10:28 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 05, 2014, 10:33 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by RIP Atlas - September 05, 2014, 10:39 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 06, 2014, 06:19 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by RIP Atlas - September 06, 2014, 07:18 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 06, 2014, 07:32 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by RIP Atlas - September 06, 2014, 08:27 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 06, 2014, 08:35 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by RIP Atlas - September 06, 2014, 08:59 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 06, 2014, 09:06 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by RIP Atlas - September 06, 2014, 09:51 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 06, 2014, 09:59 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by RIP Atlas - September 06, 2014, 10:08 PM
RE: and like the sky my soul is also turning - by Caiaphas - September 06, 2014, 10:14 PM