Stavanger Bay More Dread (I.C. Joining)
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
The mass of wet fur hacked violently and coughed up the sea water it had inhaled, rasping out a feeble 'no'. Ragnar's attention went to it without sympathy or concern, face set as hard as stone and as cold as the ice he had been born near. Lazily, the Jarl's eyes went to his Queen Wife following after her with no hurry when she gestured for them to move a bit away, out of ear shot of the dying man on their shores. Washed up on their shore or not he was a trespasser and the more it happened the less mercy Ragnar had about the situation. He was tired of it and no longer disconcerted the difference between willingly crossing his scent borders or being unintentionally washed up on his shore. If the man didn't have the energy to haul his half drowned ass out of his borders then Ragnar would put him out of his suffering. It was truly that simple to the ruthless Scandinavian. He had no more mercy left within him — and why should he show mercy? What had it ever done him other than garner him disrespect? He wasn't soft-hearted, nor sympathetic (at least not to complete strangers). He was not like the others. He didn't care about the lives of anyone outside of Stavanger Bay. Whether they lived or died was of no real consequence to him.

The Jarl was silent as Thistle spoke, barely hiding his scowl. Of course she would want to heal him. It was her nature — a nature that the two did not share with one another. I will not waste resources cached for our pack on a half drowned, trespassing stranger. Whether Thistle agreed or disagreed with him Ragnar did not care. His word was final on it. She would not waste their stores on a stranger of whom there was no guarantee he would live anyway, or even if he did live no guarantee that he would stay. That Ragnar would let him stay. It was pointless, in Ragnar's eyes. A child, Ragnar would have not been able to say 'no' too but a child the dark mass was not. He was likely older than Ragnar. His death was probably inevitable, anyway. You do not have to heal him. Not even meagerly. Our pack comes first, our subordinates, our family comes first. You can let him die. Or let the sea claim him. He glimpsed back towards the dark mass on their sands and let out a snort. But you'll do what you want anyway, He knew her, and he knew that she would do what she thought was right even if it meant defying her. And he would let her because he loved her. It would piss him off but he would get over it and they both knew that. If you must heal him you will use the minimal amount of your medicines that you can. I do not care if it is not enough. Perhaps it shouldn't have washed up on our shores. His life means nothing to me. When he is well enough he will willingly leave our lands or I will kill him myself. Those were Ragnar's conditions. They were harsh but he was a harsh man and with Winter fast approaching and the birth of children quickly on their way he had no tolerance for sharing — something that he did not do well to begin with.

It was survival of the fittest and he planned on making sure that he and Stavanger Bay survived.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN
Messages In This Thread
More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Mordred - September 04, 2014, 04:34 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Thistle Cloud - September 05, 2014, 04:10 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Ragnar - September 06, 2014, 07:20 AM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Mordred - September 06, 2014, 12:29 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Thistle Cloud - September 06, 2014, 12:40 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Ragnar - September 07, 2014, 09:21 AM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Mordred - September 07, 2014, 01:14 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Thistle Cloud - September 07, 2014, 10:11 PM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Ragnar - September 08, 2014, 07:33 AM
RE: More Dread (I.C. Joining) - by Mordred - September 08, 2014, 09:34 PM