Blacktail Deer Plateau having a wonderful time
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
small pp in assuming fox would stand there and listen to lasher's longwindedness

She was stilted; she did not relax, and her tone did not openly invite a discussion, though the words insinuated that this is what they must have. lasher remained seated upon the ground, whatever warmth he had managed to muster now ceding its place to a vague displeasure, but he did not immediately speak. glancing down to the loam between his paws, the gamma drew a sigh, and found his words presently; fox was granted his attentions, and he spoke:

"how could any child born here be a bastard? they would have the love of blue willow, and myself, and peregrine, and that of the -pack, also," taltos observed gently, pleadingly. "where i am from, if a woman loses her mate, the brother of that man is to take her and father cubs upon her, to ensure that his brother's line is not lost. i rather think this would be unacceptable to you, so, instead of peregrine doing what is right, i have offered myself."

lasher paused to stipple a tracery of small hollows upon the ground. "you seem to forget that blue willow was leader long before you found your way here, and alpha, also. she stepped down from a rank to which she climbed through the sweat of her own endeavors not only to tend atticus, but to avoid conflict with you. the tension that has arisen since you have come has lost us a daughter of this earth, and blue willow is too gracious to fight with you over a rank without a proper reason."

"i do not need your permission to court the willow, fox," lasher said quietly, "and i will not court her. i am not the love of her heart; that is atticus. but neither will i see her go childless for want of a mate. i would not take from her what she, in time, may grant another: her love. what if atticus awakes? am i to wedge myself into a rightful union? no. no, i will not do this thing. but the insinuation that i would leave bastards behind me, fox, that i would do nothing for them but sire them upon her, is offensive and crass. we do not agree on this front, but you know the man that i am."

he held the fireflame's eyes for a long moment. "even if the willow and i were mated beneath the conservative tradition that you seem to hold dear, you would not be pleased by the idea of children other than your own being born, fox. i know that to be true, as i know surely that if i was female, and not male, you would be intolerant of peregrine's relationship with me. but do not forget that not long ago it was you in the willow's place, as beta, with your right to breed her word. do you think she would have denied you? i do not. she is a logical sort beneath her charming veneer."

a heavy sigh came from him. "you deny her out of jealousy, fox, and nothing more. our children would not be bastards any more than the seed of yourself and peregrine. do me an honor, and speak truthfully in your dealings."

and he was silent.
Messages In This Thread
having a wonderful time - by RIP Fox - September 05, 2014, 04:24 PM
RE: having a wonderful time - by Lasher - September 05, 2014, 04:34 PM
RE: having a wonderful time - by RIP Fox - September 05, 2014, 06:35 PM
RE: having a wonderful time - by Lasher - September 05, 2014, 08:54 PM
RE: having a wonderful time - by RIP Fox - September 07, 2014, 12:38 AM
RE: having a wonderful time - by Lasher - September 07, 2014, 09:52 AM
RE: having a wonderful time - by RIP Fox - September 07, 2014, 06:29 PM
RE: having a wonderful time - by Lasher - September 07, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: having a wonderful time - by RIP Fox - September 07, 2014, 07:21 PM
RE: having a wonderful time - by Lasher - September 07, 2014, 07:30 PM