i got my mind made up and i can't let go.
288 Posts
Ooc — Kess
(I did a little reading on deer tracks before posting this, yay learning)

Koda chuckled at Finley's sarcasm. "Well, you are a bit of a klutz, so I guess it's not too hard to believe they'd kick you out," he teased, referring to the she-wolf's previous antics that day. All joking aside, Koda was glad Finley'd almost crashed into him that day. Koda was a little surprised at how much he was enjoying the pretty silver she-wolf. He hadn't spent much time around females, other than his mother and his stuck-up sister. Though he loved his family very much, Finley had more personality than both of them put together.

Koda's ears perked up when Finley asked him if he intended to join a pack. He was flattered by her offer to put in a good word for him with her own pack. He must have made a pretty good first impression with her. Not bad, for a guy who wasn't so good at talking to girls. "That's a very kind offer," he replied with genuine gratitude, "but I'm not sure I'm ready to settle down just yet." He didn't want to be on his own forever, and he realized that with winter approaching it would only get harder to survive on his own. But he was determined to stick to his goals. "I'd actually really like to start a pack of my own, but if that doesn't work out, I might just look you guys up."

At last, Koda spotted the tracks he'd been looking for. "Here we are," he said, moving in to get a closer look. They'd been quite a bit farther down the trail than he'd realized. The tracks led off the beaten path, through the bushes and into the trees. Koda guessed they would find their quarry bedded down in the shelter of the woods. The hunter studied the tracks, barely visible on the dry rocky terrain, and started to put his experience tracking game with his father to work.

"She's an older doe, judging by the size and shape of these tracks," he kept his voice low so as not to spook the prey in case it was still nearby. "See how the toes are worn down and rounded? A young deer leaves much pointier tracks." The age of the doe could mean that it would be easier to kill than a younger, stronger deer. But it also meant that their prey had more experience eluding predators. He and Finley needed to have the element of surprise on their side if they were to be successful.

Koda put his nose to the ground and searched for a scent trail. It was faint, but it was still there and he followed it into the woods. They had a bit of searching to do, but they were closing in on their prey.
Messages In This Thread
i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - August 31, 2014, 05:46 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 04, 2014, 12:39 AM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 08, 2014, 11:08 AM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 08, 2014, 01:42 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 08, 2014, 02:01 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 08, 2014, 03:05 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 08, 2014, 03:40 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 08, 2014, 04:15 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 08, 2014, 06:46 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 09, 2014, 01:50 AM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 09, 2014, 07:41 AM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 09, 2014, 02:18 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 09, 2014, 02:56 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 09, 2014, 05:16 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 10, 2014, 09:56 AM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 15, 2014, 06:56 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 17, 2014, 12:09 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 17, 2014, 04:36 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 18, 2014, 07:42 AM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 19, 2014, 12:38 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 24, 2014, 07:49 AM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 29, 2014, 05:32 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - September 29, 2014, 08:52 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - September 30, 2014, 10:45 AM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - October 01, 2014, 04:18 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Koda - October 01, 2014, 04:58 PM
RE: i got my mind made up and i can't let go. - by Finley - October 01, 2014, 05:45 PM